Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 470 miles on my sky and I am impressed overall. There are only 3 issues I have with many positives.
1. My door is binding with the front quarter panel and has chipped off a little paint on the edge of the door. I doesn't do it every time I open the door but It's done it enough to damage it.
2. It looks like some of the stitching on the top where the butress snaps is unraveling. There are strings hanging off and I'm afraid to pull them.
3. I'm a little disappointed at how much running the A/C impacts the performance of the engine. There is a noticable difference in shifting with the A/C on with loss of power (especially in 1st gear)
I'm taking it in next week to have 1&2 checked. I'm sure #3 is normal, just diappointing.
I can't believe how much attention this car is getting. I can't stop anywhere without people asking about it. I definately get a lot of "what the hell is that" looks going down the road.

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
Mine had the door problem when I had my panels replaced from where the dealer damaged them. It did not do it right after they replaced them, but a day later, the panels had time to move a litte and it was just enough to "pop" when I opened the driver door, as it hit the panel just at one spot near the bottom. It was doing it every time I opened the door, so I took it to the dealer the next morning and they adjusted the panel and it has not done it since. Just a matter of a minor adjustment, and they touched up the finish where it had rubbed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes, A/C drains power in any car, and my RL rarely drives smooth w/ the A/C on.

·
Registered
804 Posts
redline14 said:
Yes, A/C drains power in any car, and my RL rarely drives smooth w/ the A/C on.

Better to have a little less power than to sweat like a pig on the leather seats!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Are you running the AC with the roof down?

·
Registered
238 Posts
SKY SCRPR said:
1. My door is binding with the front quarter panel and has chipped off a little paint on the edge of the door. I doesn't do it every time I open the door but It's done it enough to damage it.
Have the dealer loosen the bottom 2 door bolts and push the door inboard a little.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts