Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on this question and didn;t find anything, so I am going to ask.
On the driver Information Center readout can you set it to continously read a certain display, such as GPM or TEMP? or does it just stay on it for a few seconds and then go back to a default setting?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I definately read somewhere that you can set it to continuous read-out and manually cycle through the fields or you can set it to alternate between each field.......i'm racking my brain trying to remember where i found this but coming up blank.....i'll browse through my stuff and see what i can find

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Astronomer said:
I definately read somewhere that you can set it to continuous read-out and manually cycle through the fields or you can set it to alternate between each field.......i'm racking my brain trying to remember where i found this but coming up blank.....i'll browse through my stuff and see what i can find
Thanks Guy!:thumbs:

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
I'm looking thru my owner's manual, but can't find anything about setting it to change on its own, just manually cycle through

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NCBlue said:
I'm looking thru my owner's manual, but can't find anything about setting it to change on its own, just manually cycle through
how about setting it and leaving it on one setting?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
It always stays on what you last set it too. The only time it doesn't show it is at startup when it shows the total miles driven then goes to whatever the last item you had on. The only way it changes is if you manually cycle.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
brentil said:
It always stays on what you last set it too. The only time it doesn't show it is at startup when it shows the total miles driven then goes to whatever the last item you had on. The only way it changes is if you manually cycle.
Thanks that is what i wanted to know... Hopefully next weekend I will be driving my Sky around :):driving:

·
Registered
256 Posts
What about when there is low fuel? My Maxima auto switches to DTE "drive till empty?" and flashes. My F150 just says low fuel in that box and stays there.

MrJester

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
MrJester said:
What about when there is low fuel? My Maxima auto switches to DTE "drive till empty?" and flashes. My F150 just says low fuel in that box and stays there.

MrJester
That's one of other time it changes on it's own. When you get down to 40 miles it displays "Low Fuel" till you fill up or rotate off of it. The car also turns on a low fuel light at like 10 miles left. The other time it changes is when you engage Cruise Control is says you've engaged cruise control then goes back to whatever was last showing.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Wife shows proof that the SKY is a guy car

She saw the listing for:
Driver
Information
Center

She smiled and said, "Look your car has a DIC.":lol:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Before the DIC displays anything it reads, "Saturn or Sky", I forget which one ,at the initial startup.

·
408 Posts
At first it reads "Saturn Sky", then the functions are:
Odometer & outside temp
Trip A or B odometer
Fuel Range (til empty) 100 miles (quarter tank on the gauge)
Avg fuel economy-21
Avg vehicle speed- 27
Oil life (remaining useful life)-mine's at 96% now
(Engine) coolant temp-mine was 194 when I last checked

·
Registered
623 Posts
My Malibu has one, which is a slightly different system. My Dad's Envoy has the exact same system that is in the Sky (the one in the cluster and not in the center stack, like the Malibu).

The DIC operates as such, it stays on whatever setting you left it on last, you have to manually cycle thru the options. It changes for a varity of "Messages" such as the following.

Door Ajar (some cars say what door such as Driver, Passenger, Rear)
Trunk Ajar
Ice Possible
Low Fuel
Gas Cap Not On
Low Washer Fluid

I think there are more such as Low Tire Pressure, but I have only seen the above.

·
Registered
623 Posts
reedred said:
That little nugget of data should become interesting if it's over the life of the car...
In my Malibu with 25,000 miles on it I average 37 MPH at one point it was up to 39 MPH last summer. Since it calculates idle which is a 0 MPH setting I must drive really fast.

·
Registered
623 Posts
NCBlue said:
At first it reads "Saturn Sky", then the functions are:
Odometer & outside temp
Trip A or B odometer
Fuel Range (til empty) 100 miles (quarter tank on the gauge)
Avg fuel economy-21
Avg vehicle speed- 27
Oil life (remaining useful life)-mine's at 96% now
(Engine) coolant temp-mine was 194 when I last checked
Regarding those, other than the Trips what is "resettable" On my fathers car you can reset the "Oil Life" in the settings, and you can reset Fuel Economy by holding the Return Key "Arrow Key" while on that setting.

BTW, when Oil gets to 50% you should change it. That's the recommended time (or so I've noticed as I do mine every 4000 miles)

·
408 Posts
You can reset the oil life, avg fuel economy, avg speed.
Other displays are: auto lights off/on, brake fluid, change oil soon, cruise engaged, door ajar, engine disabled, ice possible, key fob batt(ery) low, low coolant, parking brake, service air bag, trunk ajar.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
NCBlue said:
You can reset the oil life, avg fuel economy, avg speed.
Other displays are: auto lights off/on, brake fluid, change oil soon, cruise engaged, door ajar, engine disabled, ice possible, key fob batt(ery) low, low coolant, parking brake, service air bag, trunk ajar.
trunk ajar <-- that certainly describes the Sky Trunk:lol: !

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
bob said:
Before the DIC displays anything it reads, "Saturn or Sky", I forget which one ,at the initial startup.
If a guy knew the techs in the shop could they use a computer to personalize that to say "Hi Mike" when you start your car.

The Bombardier Outlander 800 ATV does that and it is pretty slick.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts