Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2007 2.4 base sky.....like the car but steers like a truck, no noises, belt is tight, no leaks....just very stiff when driving.....Are all sky’s this way? Changed p/s fluid too. Thanks, any ideas?????

·
Super Moderator
5,871 Posts
Stiff as in suspension, or stiff as in hard to turn the wheel?

You may have to be more specific.

Mine have stiff suspensions, but there is no difficulty turning the wheel while steering.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Compared to my 1997 Chevy 2500 the steering on the Sky is a lot heavier. I expect that from a sports car.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Since you are new to this platform having just purchase your base model, the truck reference is confusing. Steering is tight?
What did you have before you bought the Kappa, when comparing the steering feel, or lack there of?
Mileage count on the odo currently? Our cars ride can be stiff to some owners when they are not use to our set up.

Changing out the old p/s fluid is a no brainer here with any used car purchase. You just never know what has been done to the car
by the previous owner or dealer maintenance. New fluid, belt tight, no noise issues lends to maybe something else here that you
are experiencing here. Old tires? Age? Make? Air pressures? This can make a world of difference to the feel or the ride, and steering input by the owner. Old shocks is another that might make it feel this way.
Not part of the steering assembly per say, but new beats old any day.
Suspension bushings is another over looked item as our cars age. Steering linkage, no binding ( noise ) issues,
no damage to rack itself is a good thing. The repairs can be expensive in some cases. Your results will vary.

Any way Welcome to club. More info, with photos of your car will help our owners help you, when asking these first few questions
that you do have about the Kappa platform.

LAC

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I imagine that someone that comes from a large American car with power steering that you can spin full lock using one finger would find the steering on these cars to be pretty stiff. That may be all it is. Or you may have some issue. Maybe you can find another Solstice/Sky to test drive and find out if it is a general or specific issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info, suspension is great, no problems, had a 2006 stang before.....steering is just heavy......works fine though......thanks to all that responded to my post

1 - 7 of 7 Posts