Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Several threads about great scenic roads....
Blue Ridge Parkway, and Skyline Road have been mentioned always near the top...

But has noone else made the connection?? What could be more perfect a road for a planned group trip for the Sky car than...
SKYline Drive!?!?!?!

I have family that just moved to NC... I KNOW I will be hitting this and Blue Ridge next spring (from Philly area).... and I think a line of Skies on Sky line drive would be VERY cool...

Keep this in mind for the Spring!!

I can see the T-shirts already...
"A Line of Skys on Skyline Drive!"

http://www.nps.gov/shen/planyourvisit/upload/whole_park.pdf

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Do keep me posted. I've got family in the Raleigh area. And I sure hope I have my RL by then as well.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Skyline Drive (and BRP) are awesome roads. Did them both this past summer on my motorcycle...couldn't ask for anything better. :thumbs: Lots of scenic overlooks for photo ops, too. Keep in mind...Skyline Drive has a max speed limit of 35mph..which is strictly enforced...so keep your eyes peeled for park rangers if you plan on testing that. :D BRP speeds up a bit to a max of 45mph.

·
Registered
59 Posts
We did Skyline drive last Thursday on our way to North Carolina. The colors should be peaking in the next week, so now's a good time to go. We saw plenty of miatas and BMWs, but no other SKYs or Solstices the entire trip.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I believe the VA/MD Solstice club is putting something together for Oct. 28. Flyguy mentioned it to me in an email. I emailed the club but haven't heard back. I would definately like to do it if they are. If someone knows anthing, please post. I'll let you know if I hear anymore.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Check before opening mouth

Here's the nitty gritty:

SKYLINE DRIVE CRUISE - October 28, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEET: NOON OCTOBER 28, 2006 at the Dickey Ridge Visitor Center

Enter the North Gate of Skyline Drive in Front Royal, VA (pay $15 Entrance Fee) and proceed 5 miles to the Dickey Ridge Visitor Center.

Dinner will be at South River Grill, Exit 94 in Waynesboro, VA following the cruise. Thanks Pilot T for arranging this.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19881

:willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts