Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just drove a new SKY today. It was SWEET!!!!! It handles very well through the curves. Saturn has it all over Pontiac on the looks. But the power is mediocre. Granted, it was an AUTO, but I can't imagine that the stick is going to make that much of a difference. Also, apparently, Saturn didn't listen to the public when the pre-production models were making the rounds. It still has a single exhaust on the back side and it still has a fixed antenna on the back deck. I wish that they would have changed these things. And imagine if the body was composite. That would be REALLY nice.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
i heard rumors that the redline may have dual exhaust.... i know when my BABY gets here.. i will convert the single exhaust to dual... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
If I wait any longer for my Sky, I'll not have the time to change anything ,because I won't want to have it tied up:lol:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
jnag698 said:
It still has a single exhaust on the back side and it still has a fixed antenna on the back deck. I wish that they would have changed these things. And imagine if the body was composite. That would be REALLY nice.
I'm assuming it was a little late at that point.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
jnag698 said:
I just drove a new SKY today. It was SWEET!!!!! It handles very well through the curves. Saturn has it all over Pontiac on the looks. But the power is mediocre. Granted, it was an AUTO, but I can't imagine that the stick is going to make that much of a difference. Also, apparently, Saturn didn't listen to the public when the pre-production models were making the rounds. It still has a single exhaust on the back side and it still has a fixed antenna on the back deck. I wish that they would have changed these things. And imagine if the body was composite. That would be REALLY nice.
Well one thing since it shares it's exhaust and other components with the Solstice it is pretty certain that when they redesign one they will the other... the power thing if I remember correctly from Solstice owners really does not liven up until it gets at least 1000 miles on it...then it is much better..(if it was a dealer demo it probably had regular gas in it too)

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Dual exhaust is one of the distinguishing features between the base and sports versions.

·
Registered
411 Posts
jnag698 said:
The redline will have dual Exhaust. Also, Composite or Hydraformed steel. I can't tell the difference and neither can a hot girl as she is getting into my car.:cheers:

Alot of hot expensive roadsters have the long fixed antenna. If you like, there are companys that make short 3 & 1/2 inch antennas that look really kool.

That's why they have "Price Plans"
Base Sky - 177hp
Redline Sky - 260hp + 6speed
V8 LS2 Sky - 425hp

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I noticed on the sol site that someone converted their antenna to power. As soon as mine comes in I am going to do the same. :drool:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but the Redline will be dual outlet exhaust; not true dual exhaust. You get a different muffler with dual outlets and the exhaust system will be single pipe from the cat. to the muffler.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Delnari said:
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but the Redline will be dual outlet exhaust; not true dual exhaust. You get a different muffler with dual outlets and the exhaust system will be single pipe from the cat. to the muffler.
This could be true. My 2.0 liter Turbo 4 cyl. in the MR2 Turbo (200hp/200lbft) had single sided exhaust manifold with a single exhaust going to a dual outlet muffler. This is only a 4-cylinder and they still need a certain amount of back pressure. For a 4-cylinder to be a true dual exhaust it would need to be a v-4 set-up or purposely created with a seperated header. The truth is, this can usually be done with an in-line 4 cyl engine using a wider diameter single exhaust, for looks they seperate the exhaust at the muffler. Also I think the MR2 had a muffler that would use one side in normal conditions and two when he turbo was being used. This was more apparent in cold weather because you could see the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Delnari said:
Yeah, you're correct, dual outlet exhaust not a true dual. True dual on an i4 is very pointless. 2.5" tubing front to back provides enough space to let the exhaust gasses flow at speed. One of the Sol vendors if I remember correctly did a 3" experiment and all they netted over 2.5" tubing was like 1HP and it made it very ricer/raspy.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Slade said:
If you like, there are companys that make short 3 & 1/2 inch antennas that look really kool.
Could you tell me where I might find one of those?

Also, what about an after market electric retractable antenna? Would that be possible?

·
Registered
326 Posts

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts