Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put on over 800 miles from Monday through Friday.
Sunni was flawless.:thumbs:
We got heat, rain - sprinkled on and torrents! -- I even dragged the nose a bit!! (You can feel some scratches under the nose but nothing visible!). Also got sprinkled with teh lawn Thursday night!!:lol:
From Mackinaw City through Petoskey and Traverse City -- nothing but compliments. The car ran perfect - got 28 MPG and just handled like a dream. Sunni loves 80 that is her favorite speed...
So many places we were stopped. At one place we were having lunch and I counted 27 people stopping to look. I have a distance picture of 4 looking. As we went to drive away - two women ran into traffic!! Yelling "Please don't go we have to see it!!):willy:
I got waves, thumbs up and even a hearty handshake from a GM employee (more about that later). Vette drivers tip caps and wave (I miss 1/2 of them but my wife picks them out and now waves back for me!):D
At the resort in Traverse City we were told to please leave the car up front that no one would bother it and that they would watch it all night. It was nice having a spopt right there and no one parking next to it!
So far I can say this car looks terrific and runs the same way. I know people have brought up problems but I wanted to make sure you all know --- This baby is flawless.:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had to resize - sorry

Here am I driving through Wine country at Chateau Chatel and if you look carefully you can see these guys giving Sunni the "eye"...:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
Yep, gotta love those people in Michigan...such friendly people always there to help out...

Glad you had fun in our great State of Michigan. You brought some nice Sunni shine to us- but next time keep the heat down a touch.:)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Handshakes and "Future Classic" heard once more

While I was staying at the Traverse City resort, a man came up and told me what a pretty car Sunni was. I thanked him. He said it was the first one he saw live. His son helped design the Kappa frame and was able to test drive the car. He was told to "give it hell."
This man also told me that GM was so proud of both the Solstice and the SKY but to many of them the SKY represented the future more than Sol. When the announcement that all allocations for the SKY had been accounted for, there were many high-fives and more than a few hugs between fellow designers, engineers and marketers. He told me that his son was stunned at the response and hoped that future of the Saturn SKY and the entire line would be bright.

As I left beautiful Michigan, I was gassing up and a 1965 red Mustang pulled in. When I paid for the gas the man that drove the 'Stang stood behind me. Apparently the owner of the station knew the man as he asked him, "That isn't the Mustang you drove in last week?" The man told him - No he owned 6 classic cars and two of them were mustangs. He then asked "Who owns the Yellow Sky?' I smiled and said, "I do..."
He nodded and said -- "That will be a classic, very soon..." and shook my hand. "That car was made for Yellow." he added. Yeah, I know...:thumbs:

·
Registered
167 Posts
DANM, that yellow looks good. She's a beauty.:cool:

Nice to hear of someone else without any complaints either!!

(yellow was my first choice too!!):thumbs:

Dan

·
Registered
574 Posts
Pretty darn nice!!!

That is the life...road trippin..the top down...and not a care in the world...

TOO COOL!

Chris :thumbs:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yup! There is no better color to draw admiring glances. Thanks for the pictures and story, Rick!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Through you we, that are in this waiting line, can see enjoyment to come. :cool:

What a perfect trip ... :driving:

·
Registered
420 Posts
great pictures and stories Rick!

Sunni keeps on shining! :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Rick,

I hate you!!!! Seeing these pics of the Yellow Sky touring around and I still don't have mine!!. I'm am sooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

One day and I hope one day soon I will know the joy of driving my Yellow Sky around!!!

P.S. j/k on the hate part!:D

·
Registered
130 Posts
What a fun trip! I'm jealous! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts