Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drop in to the dealer( Peterborough, Ontario) today to see if they knew more then what this forum did :p LOL LOL LOL
One person said they think they hear of the Sky, a saleperson said it was coming out in 2007. He then hand me pamlet that said it was coming out in early 2006! :confused:
I wish some dealers would learn about things they will sell

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
airbalancer said:
Drop in to the dealer( Peterborough, Ontario) today to see if they knew more then what this forum did :p LOL LOL LOL
One person said they think they hear of the Sky, a saleperson said it was coming out in 2007. He then hand me pamlet that said it was coming out in early 2006! :confused:
Yeah I agree. It would be nice if GM sent out some sort of info packet they had to learn to maintain their seller status.

·
Registered
109 Posts
airbalancer said:
That's sorta the same reaction I had when I went into our local Saab/Saturn dealership last spring to get info on the Saab 9-2X.
Even after we submitted our order for one in May 2004, I knew 5 times more than the salesperson.
Thank god for the internet.... ;)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Unfortunately for car enthusiats in the market for new cars, most sales people are not big enthusiats. So they just conentrate on knowing enough to sell a car off their lot. They don't get too much information in advance of a release, and unless they are really into keeping track of future vehicles they have no real source of good information. I wish it were different too! There are some very knowledgeable dealers out there too, but they are fairly rare.

·
Registered
6 Posts
airbalancer said:
Have you ever met a car/boat salesman that knows what they were selling?
The requirements for the job are - stupid / moron / IQ 60 / arrogant / bull sh%^&^^ter / I can go on. :eek:

·
Registered
51 Posts
AJC said:
The requirements for the job are - stupid / moron / IQ 60 / arrogant / bull sh%^&^^ter / I can go on. :eek:
I think that's a little harsh, but I'd put it this way: A car salesperson is more valuable to their dealership if they're a great salesperson (rather than a great car enthusiast). The really good salespeople can sell anything!

Having said that, it *is* disappointing that many of them don't know too many details about the products they are selling... Even if they aren't enthusiasts you'd think they would learn more to sell more.

·
Registered
304 Posts
AJC said:
Boy, I'm glad I don'y sell cars/boats in your town. The generalization of all salespeople is off base and your same ar gument sould be used to say all doctors are quacks. The root of the problem is the breakdown in the information stream from the top down. Info reaches the media and the internet (all hail Al Gore :D ) and GM and the other manufacturers mistakenly think the leaks are coming from the dealer network - and they havn't even given any info to the dealers to leak. If you walk into a dealership and find a pushy, arrogant, SOB then 1. turn around and walk out, 2. find a true car person in sales by viewing their little cubbyhole to see pictures of their own hot ride, 3. move up the chain directly to the sales mgr and deal direct or at least express your concerns.

It's interesting, too, how much substance we attach to each and every word out o fthe spokesmodels at the auto shows. Most of them are excellent presenters and have their script down pat, but until they exchange business cards with me and I see that they actually came out of Detroit, and had a hand somewhere in the final product, then the rest is just words.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah I think your right. We give sales people a hard time and no doubt some of them deserve it, but I just need someone who will take care of me after the sale. A good salesman knows that a bad service visit can cost him a future sale. As long as I go in knowing the important suff I am willing to let him slide. If however, he tries to slip me BS, or an outright lie...Well there are others that won't and I will take my business there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts