Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a Sky Redline (5-speed) out for a short ride the other day. WOW! This is the one that I want. You won't be dissapointed. Can't get into too much detail about the car. I also drove a Sosltice GXP 5 speed and its just as exciting.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Where did these test drives take place?

·
Registered
540 Posts
bob said:
I took a Sky Redline (5-speed) out for a short ride the other day. WOW! This is the one that I want. You won't be dissapointed. Can't get into too much detail about the car. I also drove a Sosltice GXP 5 speed and its just as exciting.
ahhh :willy: ahhh :willy: you cant post something like that without DETAILS :banghead: Son didn your Momma raise you better than that!!! Lets hear the whole story!!! How much Power ???, color, interior, options, DETAILS, we desperately need DETAILS :D

P.S.- who did you sleep with for them to let you test drive an RL ????

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Bob Hows it going? ...Skip.... Bob works at the plant and tant allowed ta say much.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Skip said:
Bob Hows it going? ...Skip.... Bob works at the plant and tant allowed ta say much.....:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ahh ha....so Bob is the person that other people sleep with to get to drive an RL prior to production. :jester: Gotcha :thumbs: Gee Bob, I have a speaking engagment in D.C. in a couple of weeks - how close it that to you ???? (staying at the Willard Intercontinental) Just kidding guys, the hubby is meeting me there......:jester:

·
Registered
746 Posts
ineedmorebotox said:
Ahh ha....so Bob is the person that other people sleep with to get to drive an RL prior to production. :jester: Gotcha :thumbs: Gee Bob, I have a speaking engagment in D.C. in a couple of weeks - how close it that to you ???? (staying at the Willard Intercontinental) Just kidding guys, the hubby is meeting me there......:jester:
You're not bad your just drawn that way!!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
ineedmorebotox said:
(staying at the Willard Intercontinental)
Nice!!! I have done photography for a convention in DC... and one of the locations was the Willard... all I can say is... WOW!!!

Another location was a conference room in the Capitol Building for a breakfast which had Norm Mineta and American Honda Exec.VP Thomas G. Elliott speaking. Other members of Congress and the press spoke throught the other days and events.

Loved it!!! Stayed in the JW Marriott Hotel accross from/near the Willard at no charge for 4 nights.

·
Registered
540 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
Nice!!! I have done photography for a convention in DC... and one of the locations was the Willard... all I can say is... WOW!!!

Another location was a conference room in the Capitol Building for a breakfast which had Norm Mineta and American Honda Exec.VP Thomas G. Elliott speaking. Other members of Congress and the press spoke throught the other days and events.

Loved it!!! Stayed in the JW Marriott Hotel accross from/near the Willard at no charge for 4 nights.
I am excited. I go to D.C. at least once a year but typically stay at the Hyatt or Holiday Inn - nothing special. However I am speaking for a different company this year and the hotel and various group dinners are definatley 5 star! This Arkansas hillbilly is gonna be on Hog Heaven :D Do they serve fried chicken in D.C. ??? I know the iced tea is TERRIBLE

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
ineedmorebotox said:
I am excited. I go to D.C. at least once a year but typically stay at the Hyatt or Holiday Inn - nothing special. However I am speaking for a different company this year and the hotel and various group dinners are definatley 5 star! This Arkansas hillbilly is gonna be on Hog Heaven :D Do they serve fried chicken in D.C. ??? I know the iced tea is TERRIBLE
Man... moving up on the speaking circuit are ya??? :thumbs:

And I think the only Sweet Tea up there will be the AriZona iced tea... :jester:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
I wondered

Skip said:
Thanks to Skip we have an answer.
No wonder. Lucky guy
Especially since everything else indicates that the RL won't be produced till the end of July.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The RedLine sounds awesome!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
ineedmorebotox said:
I don't know about the iced tea but they do wear shoes there!!:thumbs: :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Don't be askin fer no sweet tea. They will look at cha like your plumb crazy. Of course they tant got no grits either. Heaven forbid ya bring your own BC powder.....Skip....resident *******....:cool: :cool: :cool: :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
What else? How fast? How was the power delivery, did it feel like a big V6 or a whiz bang 4 cylinder?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Skip said:
Don't be askin fer no sweet tea. They will look at cha like your plumb crazy. Of course they tant got no grits either. Heaven forbid ya bring your own BC powder.....Skip....resident *******....:cool: :cool: :cool: :D
Oh my goodness Skip, you crack me up. I will bring my own BC's, gosh knows I will need a BC since I will be in sweet tea and grits withdrawal :banghead: Do they have moonpies up north ????

Ernest - I will shine up my very best pair of ropers for the trip. :thumbs: :jester:

Good point Brady... back on topic. Sir yes, sir. How can we get Bob to tell us more about his test drive ?????? (without getting him fired)

·
Registered
325 Posts
ineedmorebotox said:
Oh my goodness Skip, you crack me up. I will bring my own BC's, gosh knows I will need a BC since I will be in sweet tea and grits withdrawal :banghead: Do they have moonpies up north ????

Ernest - I will shine up my very best pair of ropers for the trip. :thumbs: :jester:
Hey Guys, you can talk about marrying your cousins later. How about back on topic?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Back on topic, back on topic? I dun told ya bob tant goin ta say nothin anymore. He told us that yes tha r/l is being built an that he took it fer a spin an also a Sol r/l fer a spin around tha plant compound... Now iffen Mr. Spag can walk over to tha plant an take sum sneaky pics of R/L than that might satisfy yalls cravin fer R/L. ...Skip...BoB dont be compromisin yalls job now here.......:) :) :)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
bradyb said:
Hey Guys, you can talk about marrying your cousins later. How about back on topic?
Take it easy on Bob, he is doin' the best he can, and all of us a favor, so thanks BOB for your input:thumbs:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ernest said:
Take it easy on Bob, he is doin' the best he can, and all of us a favor, so thanks BOB for your input:thumbs:
All of us crazy cousin marrying southerners LOVE Bob. :cheers: Heck fire I would "love" Bob a whole lot if he would let me test drive an RL :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts