Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to take my first ride - and brief drive - in a SKY today! We got one in about a week ago but no one was allowed to drive it because it was ordered for a customer. So this week, the store's owner has been driving around in one - silver pearl with black leather - and today he brought it by the store and said we could 'play with it' if we wanted. I wasn't brave enough to take it on the streets (I'm not so hot at a stick shift and didn't really feel comfortable taking it off the lot) but I did drive it around in the parking lot. And two of the other sales consultants let me ride with them while they took it out and up on the highway.

WOW what a blast!! Within a block, it made up my mind 100% that I will get one. The people stopping and staring was awesome, the ride was awesome, the car was awesome, everything was awesome! It was my first ride in a convertible too, so it was just a completely new and wonderful experience for me. We actually had someone follow us in to the dealership to find out what kind of car it was!!

The only thing I disliked is that it felt rather underpowered. I drive an S-series with 124 hp and it felt like my SL2 had more get up to it in first gear. However, I know that the Red Line edition will drive more like the Red Line ION - a.k.a. throw you back in the seats once the boost kicks in. So yeah ... turbo combined with the awesome looks and ride = perfect car for me! :D

I didn't bring my camera with me to work today because I wasn't expecting to be driving it, or else I'd have pics of me in it. :D I'll try to get some next time.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Oh, listen, one ride top-down and you should be hooked. That is what made it a red letter day is riding with nothing but the "sky" overhead.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good for you. I drove one last week (manual), street and highway...what a THRILL! Can't wait until mine gets here.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
BlueSky said:
The only thing I disliked is that it felt rather underpowered. I drive an S-series with 124 hp and it felt like my SL2 had more get up to it in first gear.
How high were you going in the RPMs while driving and where were you shifting?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts