Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a pre-deposit on a Sky since late Sep, but a Pontiac dealer near me called and said he had two solstice on the lot. finally get to see, sit and drive the car.... the car is really sharp, and the interior fittings seem very well placed. shifting was very easy and comfortable.

First let me tell you, i am 5'10" 175lbs and the car is tight.... also forget to bring anything with you when the top is down, because there is NO area for anything! including shopping bags, and such!!! i didnt realize how small this car is!

Driving was fun, and the steering and suspension is tight, but it is a small engine, so it really isnt that peppy.

got alot of looks on the test drive...

now for the bad news, dealers are not dealing here in So. Cal.... see the pix of the sticker....

i think i'm going to look at a larger convertible in this price range. the car is worth sticker or less, not more....

pix here

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
skybuy said:
I have a pre-deposit on a Sky since late Sep, but a Pontiac dealer near me called and said he had two solstice on the lot. finally get to see, sit and drive the car.... the car is really sharp, and the interior fittings seem very well placed. shifting was very easy and comfortable.

First let me tell you, i am 5'10" 175lbs and the car is tight.... also forget to bring anything with you when the top is down, because there is NO area for anything! including shopping bags, and such!!! i didnt realize how small this car is!

Driving was fun, and the steering and suspension is tight, but it is a 1.7 liter engine, so it really isnt that peppy.

got alot of looks on the test drive...

now for the bad news, dealers are not dealing here in So. Cal.... see the pix of the sticker....

i think i'm going to look at a larger convertible in this price range. the car is worth sticker or less, not more....

pix here
A solstice has a 2.4 L engine not a 1.7.... are you sure you were in a solstice?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
the added sticker to the right of the mandatory one says Markup Adjustment 5000.00

·
Registered
727 Posts
My experience was very different than you. I am 6 foot and find plenty of room in the Sol. There is not a ton of trunk space, but as long as the top is up, a few shopping bags will fit. I also found the car to be very peppe and quick, but that is very dependant on the individual and what their expectations are. Overall, I thought the Sol was a very fun car to drive!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts