Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I took the trip down the Tail of the Dragon today, we went from the tennessee side and ended up at Deals Gap. Pulled in at the Grill there and ate.. Must have been 100 Motorcycles there, and everyone took the time to stop and look at my car when i pulled in, about a dozen came over and looked it over, and i had to tell them everything about it...
the Tail is a great drive, as long as you stay out from behind minivans and pickups....

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
AND...as long as no semis are using up both lanes to make some of those 180 degree switchbacks. :D Oh and lest we forget the squids on the crotchrockets whizzing around you in a no passing zone...wait a sec...I think the entire 11 miles is a no passing zone! :eek: :lol: It is a great road...just did it on the bike during my trip down there 2 weeks ago. :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Wow... sounds like a great ride..... when i had my crotchrocket... i NEVER passed.. but,.... needless to say, there are ALOT of... NOT SO SMART ONES who do ride and make it dangerous for all..... i may be heading down to Nashville area to visit a girlfriend within the next month or so....... sounds like a fun time.....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Picture of my son and I on the tali of the Dragon

If you want to go to see some pictures of the Tail of the Dragon, Go to www.killboy.com.. Our picture is on the first page, just scroll down to near the bottom of the page, I am 5th from the bottom right now..
I don;t know if it is ok to do this but since it has his website on the pic i will post it anyway... if i shouldn;t one of the mods can remove it..
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Tim...he will probably have a few more pics of you and your son up on his site later today. He takes quite a few shots of every car and bike that goes by and posts them all on his site. You have to click on "the store", and then find the day that you were there, then click on "cars and trucks". I ordered my own pics from the day that we were there on the bikes last month...pretty cool. There are a few other photograhpers that are usually there taking pics also. Try checking out www.dragonslayerphotos.com and www.zeefoto.com for more pics of your Sky slaying The Dragon. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nscrbug said:
Tim...he will probably have a few more pics of you and your son up on his site later today. He takes quite a few shots of every car and bike that goes by and posts them all on his site. You have to click on "the store", and then find the day that you were there, then click on "cars and trucks". I ordered my own pics from the day that we were there on the bikes last month...pretty cool. There are a few other photograhpers that are usually there taking pics also. Try checking out www.dragonslayerphotos.com and www.zeefoto.com for more pics of your Sky slaying The Dragon. :thumbs:
They are in the process of uploading them now, I checked when i found that picture...., and the other two sites have none from sunday yet, thanks for the links...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Robotech said:
Man, I think I may need to make a trip out east...looking at some of those pictures...oh man...too cool.
come on over, we have many roads that are just as good and less traveled too...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ram Fan- You going to the Gap trip in August? Woohoo. I'll be there. I'm from Bloomington, IL. We are going to go a day or 2 early to do some extra cruising, look at land, etc.. We go down several times a year with the motorcycles or cars. Actually next week we are down there with the motorcycles for a week. Love it, love it, love it. We are retiring there. Corse that will be 20yrs from now, but one can dream and get ready for the free days. :D

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Ram Fan- You going to the Gap trip in August? Woohoo. I'll be there. I'm from Bloomington, IL. We are going to go a day or 2 early to do some extra cruising, look at land, etc.. We go down several times a year with the motorcycles or cars. Actually next week we are down there with the motorcycles for a week. Love it, love it, love it. We are retiring there. Corse that will be 20yrs from now, but one can dream and get ready for the free days. :D
Yup heading down on Thursday and stopping to see some relatives in Nashville, then leave early onto Fontana Village. Looking forward to this and then I can scratch off one more thing on my to do list before I pass on. :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Love the dragon

Yee Ha!! Zoom Zoom Zoom...4 wheels or 2 wheels...loads of fun

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts