Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,278 Posts
I have the RL exhaust on my NA. Put on different Stainless tips. But it really sounds nice and looks much better from the ass end. No horsepower gains that I can tell. But it is less expensive and sounds great.
Yea, no power gains on the stock exhausts. Really they are identical except for that second tip. It is strange though, the second tip DOES change the sound slightly. When Magnaflow did the exhaust on my first car, the first exhaust they did was the single outlet. I drove the car home, cut out the valance, then went back to Magnaflow where they installed the second tip. It was only a week between visits and there definitely was a different sound between the two. It wasn't louder, but the tone was different. Deeper, throatier. I liked it, that's for sure.

Did you put an RL diffuser on your car as well?
I have the dual outlet 3" exhaust from Magnaflow on my car and the 2.5" exhausts (dual and single outlet) were developed by Magnaflow on my first car (both 2.4s obviously. LOL). On both dual outlet setups, I just cut the stock 2.4 valance for the second tip. IF you take your time and have a dremel (or other rotary cutting tool) it is pretty simple to do. Unless you REALLY know what to look for AND look really closely for it, you can't tell the difference between the two. Below are both of my cars. Can you tell they are cut valences rather than OEM Redline?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,886 Posts
Yea, no power gains on the stock exhausts. Really they are identical except for that second tip. ..........
Are you referring to the Magnaflow system or the stock GM system? Magnaflow may use the same muffler for both single and dual outlet, but GM did not. The GM mufflers are different sizes.

·
Super Moderator
11,278 Posts
Are you referring to the Magnaflow system or the stock GM system? Magnaflow may use the same muffler for both single and dual outlet, but GM did not. The GM mufflers are different sizes.
I guess I never looked too hard at the mufflers on the different cars. Magnaflow uses the same muffler for both for certain.

·
Super Moderator
5,886 Posts
The NA muffler is 20 inches wide, but the RL muffler is 25-1/2.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just in case anyone wants a redline stock exhaust, i have one sitting outside as of yesterday. Come spring i will hack it up and throw it out if no one wants it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Would love to take it off your hands but shipping costs (not a local):surprise: would negate all practicality in getting it. (@ pjb & bigballsofpaint) :willy:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts