Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen a bolt on dual exhaust for the 2.4L. In your opinion what would be the best option to converting the 2.4L to have dual exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
6,204 Posts
Has anyone seen a bolt on dual exhaust for the 2.4L. In your opinion what would be the best option to converting the 2.4L to have dual exhaust.
I assume that you mean dual outlet exhaust, as I am not aware of the existence of a true dual exhaust. The most common thing that has been done is to find a RedLine cat-back takeoff and install it. Everything lines up perfectly, the existing hangers work, and it is only necessary to alter or replace the rear valence.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I know you are looking for bolt on, but for the a very reasonable price a good muffler shop should be able to get you something nicer if you are wanting a different look. My local shop did the welding for me for nearly nothing(i think i paid $50) to take off my existing and install a mangaflow quad tip 2.5" cat back. All custom Welded together, not clamped. I wasnt much more than buying a redline catback.
But i got the muffler and piping wholesale through the shop, and amazon had a prime day say on the tips(hunt for deals, it pays off sometimes).

All in all i think i spend $350-$400
You should be able to see pics of it in my profile. Love the look and sound of this exhaust. There is a reason that so many people go magnaflow

·
Registered
17,766 Posts
does this require any mods? Or it fits directly in with the shape of the car?
It just requires some welding...not much of anything....take it to a muffler shop. It is quite simple. Almost plug and play if u can weld. All they do is remove your OEM muffler and weld on the new with tips that u prefer.

·
Registered
344 Posts
In 2017 I purchased a dual exhaust from gmpartsdirect.com for 1000$. It's bolt on and has hangers for a solid install.

There was a dent in one of the tips - so I purchased a new tip on ebay for - i recall - 30$.

And Minute Muffler installed it for 100$.

He had to heat it up so it'd fit exactly.

And later they did the tip for free.

One thing that's surprising is how long it is. To get it from my place to minute muffler we got it there by van - and it didn't fit in the van without leaving the door open.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,204 Posts
When I decided to do mine I happened to find a RL owner who had swapped his for a Magnaflow. He gave me his stock exhaust.

Reactions: Emmett

·
Super Moderator
11,386 Posts
The 1998-2002 Camero Magnaflow muffler is the muffler Magnaflow uses in their full exhaust kits for our cars.

And rather than buying a Redline valence, you can cut your stock one if you are proficient with a dremel.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
One thing that's surprising is how long it is. To get it from my place to minute muffler we got it there by van - and it didn't fit in the van without leaving the door open.

Yes it is extensive. OEM exhaust is one long piece from the cat connection to the tip of the tail pipes measuring a bit over 9 feet. Didn't know where to store it so plugged up the ends and set it out beside the house. It's overgrown with monkey grass & ivy now and invisible. Well, it's been there for more than ten years. :geek:

·
Registered
344 Posts
One advantage of going OEM ... Is that you can get dealership support to fight noise tickets like described here:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I plan to go with the bolt on for the 2.0l and add on a high flow cat. Maybe cut out the valance or go with the one from Norms Fiberglass.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts