Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS THE REAR PLATE UNDER THE BUMPER OF MY NEW SKY INTERCHANGEABLE WITH THE ONE FOR THE RED LINE, SO I CAN PUT DUAL EXHAUST ON?:confused:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
hopefully, RKsport is working on a dual outlet rear facia. i know they've made one for the sol....

·
Registered
380 Posts
When the Redline comes out you should be able to purchase a standard GM part designed for the dual exhaust.

·
Registered
276 Posts
plus you will need a matching left side exhaust outlet and probably a new muffler with exhaust outlets on both ends. These should all be dealer available RL parts, but I would hate to see the cost $$$$$$ Welding is needed to install too.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Way2Fast said:
plus you will need a matching left side exhaust outlet and probably a new muffler with exhaust outlets on both ends. These should all be dealer available RL parts, but I would hate to see the cost $$$$$$ Welding is needed to install too.
no welding involved and all problems solved if you just buy the cat-back.

includes everything you need, there are a few companies making them for the sol... I've been trying to contact them on producing one for the sky but so far... they said they are waiting to see demand. The sols will probably fit anyway.. but can't be sure till someone trys (there are a few differences underneath from sol to sky)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Way2Fast said:
Without welding ...what do you do, use muffler clamps? If so that always looks like a hack job installation.
the cat-back runs from the cat all the way back and all one piece, if I'm not mistaken. Includes muffler and everything. Just unbolt the old one, slide of the rubber hangers.. slide the new one in, bolt it back up.

One sticking point is the rear facia, noone makes one yet for the sky that has 2 cutouts for the pipes. A couple of companies are making them for the Sol, but no sky yet. Probably have to cut your own out of the stock rear facia or wait for the RL to come out and order that part

it does cost more than just replacing the muffler so its a matter of choice I guess.
I saw pics but not sure if I'll get in trouble for posting them here since they aren't supporting vendors. Of course, there aren't any vendors on here selling dual exhaust yet anyway, so I guess it would be ok as there is no competition on this forum.
in either case, check the sol forum...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Isn't the cat welded to the exhaust pipe? If not, that sounds like the way to go once they make the rear facia with both cut outs.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Way2Fast said:
Isn't the cat welded to the exhaust pipe? If not, that sounds like the way to go once they make the rear facia with both cut outs.
I believe the pipe connects to the cat with a 2 bolt flange. So there isn't any cutting involved. The sols guys were able to do the swap in less than an hour.

If you happen to come across anyone making the rear facia with dual outlets, let me know!! I haven't found anyone that makes it or plans to in the immediate future. I kinda got the feeling frm talking to various vendors that they aren't as excited to make stuff for the sky as they were for the sol. and if you compare the number of supporting vendors on the sol forum and the number on this forum... big difference. maybe because of the lower volume of skys? or the different crowd that buys the sky not being as interested in mods?
not sure, but I hope we don't have to wait for the RL parts to come out to get a rear facia. I wanted to get my dual exhaust/headers soon.
i found for you a pic to compare!!
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14295&page=2&highlight=exhaust

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks for the info. If I hear of anyone making a dual for the Sky, I will let you know. Seems to be a lot of problems with those for the Sol. Let them work out the bugs first and by then maybe one will be available for our Skys.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
The Stig said:
working on it :) :willy:
You guys are working on a rear facia? do you guys make one for the solstice?
You were one company I didn't call about the sky facia as I didn't know you guys produced them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
usmc said:
You guys are working on a rear facia? do you guys make one for the solstice?
You were one company I didn't call about the sky facia as I didn't know you guys produced them.
We work directly with RKsport (they are down the street from us) and we also use other sources. :)

Neil

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
The Stig said:
We work directly with RKsport (they are down the street from us) and we also use other sources. :)

Neil

ah, ok.
I called RK and they told me they were holding off for a bit to see how demand was. guess he didn't know what he was talking about.

·
Registered
112 Posts
usmc said:
ah, ok.
I called RK and they told me they were holding off for a bit to see how demand was. guess he didn't know what he was talking about.
I guess they are waiting to see what we tell them about this market. But I think there is a good chance they will work on something for the sky.

Neil

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
The Stig said:
I guess they are waiting to see what we tell them about this market. But I think there is a good chance they will work on something for the sky.

Neil
a good chance... so not in the makings yet.
Hopefully we will see some aftermarket facias soon. Sux that there is dual exhaust out there but no facia. Anyone have an idea on when parts will be available to the public for the stock RL rear facia from GM?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts