Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First thing that has to be done (if u can afford) is put on dual exhausts...this is something personal of course. I hope Kappa have these with similiar rectangular exhausts that come with the car. Of course a new fascia will have to be acquired.

Also, if u notice the rotors with stock brakes, they appear to be needing something more. The rotors rust quickly and because of the large spacing between slots on the chrome rims....does not look too pretty. Something more substantial has to be done...but overall, we r talking about a beautiful machine....cannot wait for the Red Line to come out, so I will take what comes first

MarlboroMike

·
Registered
149 Posts
The second that i know there is a dual exhaust mod for the SKY complete with a rear pannel I will buy it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Me three, only exterior change I'd make to the car. Once I get the balanced look on the exhaust, I will have the perfect car!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Well RK Sport already makes one for the Solstice, so I'm betting they would possibly make a Sky one as well. Also this next month the dual outlet Solstice exhausts should be coming out. The only difference between a Solstice exhaust and a Sky is the outlet piece.

·
Registered
57 Posts
marlboromike said:
The rotors rust quickly . . .
MarlboroMike
Not if you drive it every day.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Most of it is the dust rusting too. It wipes right off most of the time.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
boots said:
Me three, only exterior change I'd make to the car. Once I get the balanced look on the exhaust, I will have the perfect car!:thumbs:
ME 4....:cool: . love the dual exhaust look... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
boots said:
ME 5, One little extra I might do is get the calipers powder coated red, I think that would add a snap.:cool:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Now I have been resistant to any modifications to my Sky but I must say that I would think about putting the dual exhaust after market option on. And I like the idea of the red calipers.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
rick112 said:
Now I have been resistant to any modifications to my Sky but I must say that I would think about putting the dual exhaust after market option on. And I like the idea of the red calipers.
I think this is as far as I might go with the exception of retuning for the exhausts :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm going to try and take that crappy chome bar off of the front. I don't mind the Saturn emblem but the bar is too much and it is one piece.

I just sold my 99 Miata and I had a wind screen behind my head and if you've nver had one I highly recommend it. I'm going aftermarket though. The GM one looks like crap too.:nono:

Darn, I didn't realize how much crap is involved with this car.:nono:

I think it will be worth the wait unless one day they say for whatever reason they've changed their mind and not build the car at all. As crazy as this launch has been and we're not there yet so don't totally count it out.:banghead:

·
Registered
802 Posts
07 Chili Pepper said:
I'm going to try and take that crappy chome bar off of the front. I don't mind the Saturn emblem but the bar is too much and it is one piece.
I just sold my 99 Miata and I had a wind screen behind my head and if you've nver had one I highly recommend it. I'm going aftermarket though. The GM one looks like crap too.:nono:
Darn, I didn't realize how much crap is involved with this car.:nono:
I think it will be worth the wait unless one day they say for whatever reason they've changed their mind and not build the car at all. As crazy as this launch has been and we're not there yet so don't totally count it out.:banghead:
Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the toilet this morning..:cheers:
Take a look at the front of the Honda Civic..It looks like the same bar without the decal. My 2000 SL2 has a similar bar..It's a Saturn for God's sake! Unbolt it and toss it in the trash, it's yours after you buy it! Have a little "hair of the dog" for breakfast :cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
eldeeko said:
Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the toilet this morning..:cheers:
Take a look at the front of the Honda Civic..It looks like the same bar without the decal. My 2000 SL2 has a similar bar..It's a Saturn for God's sake! Unbolt it and toss it in the trash, it's yours after you buy it! Have a little "hair of the dog" for breakfast :cheers:

Nicely said.....:thumbs: SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
389 Posts
I am glad to see some chrome details coming out on the newer models of cars. Car designs all seem so boring over the last several years. I also like the retro looks that have begun to appear.

·
Registered
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Look at the Exterior Mirrors

those mirrors come from most GM cars of the late 60's and 70's. Had them on my Lemans Sport in 68 & 72...the 68 was not a Sport Model...they did not have one for that year...

MarlboroMike

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mirrors

I read in Motortrend that the exterior mirrors were taken from the Fiat Barchetta for the solstice..after lookin up some pictures of the fiat and comparing it to sol and sky mirriors they do appear to be the same.
The article also said the seat frames were from Brazillian Chevrolet / Opel Corsa

·
Registered
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Exterior Mirrors

Trust me on this...those mirrors go back to the 60's and 70's. Go back in the wayback machine and take a good look. The writers must be young and don't have a history.

MarlboroMike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts