Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,298 Posts
Getting in here a bit late but let me remind everyone to keep this respectful. I'm not going to edit anything here for now, but perhaps it's best to keep this on topic and dial back the emotions and hubris a bit.

In that vein, I have an LNF flywheel in my possession but have no idea what kind of life is left in it. I'm not positive but I believe it had about 60k miles on it when Sky Pilot took it out of his car.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Getting in here a bit late but let me remind everyone to keep this respectful. I'm not going to edit anything here for now, but perhaps it's best to keep this on topic and dial back the emotions and hubris a bit.

In that vein, I have an LNF flywheel in my possession but have no idea what kind of life is left in it. I'm not positive but I believe it had about 60k miles on it when Sky Pilot took it out of his car.
Pics? Anyone?

·
Registered
105 Posts
rockauto.com is clearancing out their LNF RWD flywheel and clutch combos for $300 right now no slave or throwout though. I have a ddm 2.0 clutch waiting to go in once i find time.
I researched the light spec style flywheels and alot of people have had problems with them. After spending time on the phone with DDM i decided to give theirs a shot because its special made for our car, the flywheel is a little heavier than spec but the clutch plate is a little lighter to give an overall mass reduction compared to stock.
its also rated at 500ftlb. my stock one started slipping very slightly on the dyno going into 4th gear when i got around 350ftlbs and now that im up around 370ftlbs i cant take my stock clutch past 3500rpm without it slipping (i also bought the car at 56k miles with a sloppy 3-4 syncro so who knows if the last owner was any good with a manual)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Also, when the clutch arrived it came with Ram Clutch stickers. I guess DDM has an agreement with them to special make our clutch flywheel setup. Ram is a well known clutch company. been in high performance clutches since the early 80s.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I find it hard to believe that no one on here has gone with a light flywheel?

Maybe the subject is something more appealing to the Sol site?
RickyD had one in his "old" 2.4. I'm not sure what he will be using in the new "200 mph" version.

Yogi

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
21 - 31 of 31 Posts