Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to decide which CAI I want to go with, but I have a dumb question.

The Kappasphere filter is an oiled filter and the GM is a dry filter with a sock. As I understand it, the sock is needed on the dry filter to keep it, well... dry.

Doesn’t the sock restrict the airflow, making it less effective? Isn’t the point to allow as much air in as possible?

Thanks!

Intended Mods
-CAI
-Shorty Headders
-Dual Exhaust
-ECM Retune

·
Registered
153 Posts
From my experience with Harleys and aftermarket air filters... the dry GM with an additional sock and an oiled filter should be a close match.... depending on surface area. I think i would prefer the sock. For cleaning... it would be easier to just clean the sock than cleaning and re-oiling the other filter. For those times that you want maximum air flow... just remove the sock.
Just my opinion..... :D

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
The "oiled" filter is most likely a K&N filter. They are simply the best filters you can buy. They flow as much air as NO filter and just never have to be replaced. You was them with gasoline, let them dry, oil them with their oil, and go again. As a matter of fact, a dirty K&N is a efficient as a clean one until it becomes COMPLETELY dirt packed. I used them when I used to motocross and enduro. GREAT filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts