Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my GXP tuned yesterday at CSP 1-570-259-2547 at 314 Turner Ln. in West Chester, PA. Got more HP & TQ then GM's kit for a 3rd. the price. The best $300 I ever spent.
I have 21 PSI boost in all gears and 38+ hp at the wheels.:cool:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At GM Parts Direct the kit is $455 + shipping, then what the dealer would charge to reflash your computer, $200 to $300 more total $655 to $755. OK a little more then 1/2 the price. GM's kit gives you 30 more HP. That's engine HP. I got 38.5 WHP. That is to the wheels and you lose any where from 15% to 20% from the engine to the ground. I have an Auto, so it's around 20% loss. So that comes to 46.2HP on the engine compared to Gm's 30HP.
Plus will GM's kit give you full 21 PSI in all gears (1st thur 5th.) and boost faster. From the line, floored the boost will jump to 21 in a blink of an eye and does not drop below 19 as it goes through the gears.
I have the Dyno sheet, just don't know how to add it to this page.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
In PA I could hold what you are stating with the GMPP tune. It had a lot of knock though.
GM's kit gives you roughly 40more whp. There are posts with before and after dynos. i believe stock they showed 225whp then with gmpp 262-265whp was normal. No 3rd party tuner has snagged a lot of extra tq compared to the GMPP tune with out additional parts.
but the gain is noticeable.
$300 is a good price. Did they use HP Tuners? Do you have a scanned copy of the Dyno?
Also
Do you have more information on the shop? what type of cars are their normal clients? Imports or domestic? Do they have a website? I am in the same town and am curious about them.

At GM Parts Direct the kit is $455 + shipping, then what the dealer would charge to reflash your computer, $200 to $300 more total $655 to $755. OK a little more then 1/2 the price. GM's kit gives you 30 more HP. That's engine HP. I got 38.5 WHP. That is to the wheels and you lose any where from 15% to 20% from the engine to the ground. I have an Auto, so it's around 20% loss. So that comes to 46.2HP on the engine compared to Gm's 30HP.
Plus will GM's kit give you full 21 PSI in all gears (1st thur 5th.) and boost faster. From the line, floored the boost will jump to 21 in a blink of an eye and does not drop below 19 as it goes through the gears.
I have the Dyno sheet, just don't know how to add it to this page.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
so not only can you not post a dyno sheet, you cant even say what the #s are?

·
Registered
47 Posts
The book states that the GM Tune should take no longer than 1.2 hrs, most dealers charge $100.00 per hr. If you paid over $150.00 for the tune you got ripped off!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts