Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On e-bay...they have 2 SKY seats from a junk yard in Michigan...they r red and black...something happened, tragically.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
marlboro - in general, we're trying to avoid direct posting of e-bay auctions.

Unfortunately, we've had a handful of people who were abusing the use of crossposting e-bay advertisements, and so we're asking not to post them going forward. (examples - dealers posting e-bay ads to their own cars, using the forum as a commercial advertisement outlet, or individuals that have promoted group buys of things for friends).

Occasionally, something like this may be allowed in the course of discussion (like discussion of prices on e-bay, or the listing of significant vehicles) but with the few bad apples the potential for abuse isn't worth it.

Over on corvetteforum, they are pretty strictly prohibited.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as u realize, this was not an advertisement...just a surprise to see a tragedy had occurred...a short lived life of a SKY...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
It is sad for somebody. However now somebody on this site can have their red/black seats. Seems like I remember someone saying that they really wanted black/red but it wasnt an option for their exterior color. Who was that Mike ??? did you see it ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i believe it may have been USMC..but he went for the all black leather...so he could get his car moving down the assembly line
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
One less set of Black/Red seats in a SKY makes mine that much more valuable. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love your pics...that car looks great with the black and black and red seats...but mine looks nicer...just kidding of course...not really (LOL)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
marlboromike said:
I love your pics...that car looks great with the black and black and red seats...but mine looks nicer...just kidding of course...not really (LOL)
Believe all of these SKYs are beautiful and there is nothing wrong with a little pride in ownership. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MarkLynn

I have seen one color combination i did not like...it was chili red with the beige and black interior with beige top...did nothing for me or the car...I guess i will get alot of hate mail now...but I thought that was the worst color combination yet...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
:lol:
marlboromike said:
I have seen one color combination i did not like...it was chili red with the beige and black interior with beige top...did nothing for me or the car...I guess i will get alot of hate mail now...but I thought that was the worst color combination yet...
Its ok, I happen to agree with you. When my dealer messed up my 1st order Red/black, they offered me the Red/tan. I told him no way dont like that color combo. He told me they thought they would sell alot of the tan tops due to the extreme heat here. My school of though is, thats what I have a/c for...:lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,640 Posts
Where does it say wrecked

Maybe I missed it, but that listing does not seem to indicated that the car was wrecked - could it be that someone decided they did not like the red leather after all - or someone decided to put in racing type seats and no longer needed the facotry original seats?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
marlboromike said:
i believe it may have been USMC..but he went for the all black leather...so he could get his car moving down the assembly line

Ya, I did want red/black pretty bad but now that I have the car, I'm happy with black. I'd rather put my money towards bolt-ons now. I gotta get that dual exhaust so this thing sounds as fast as it looks.

getting real tired of the 'hey start it up" request from the fans I meet parking lots and such knowing that the sound isn't that impressive. I fully explain that its only packing a 4cyl so not to expect much, but it doesn't seem to matter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
marlboromike said:
On e-bay...they have 2 SKY seats from a junk yard in Michigan...they r red and black...something happened, tragically.
Something bad did happen Mike - I emailed the seller asking if I could purchase the black top. I am pasted part of his return email below. Left out the stuff pertaining to me.


This is a Salvage vehicle we got in a little over a month ago. I have some other parts available, but a lot of the vehicle was damaged.

Thanks

Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
marlboromike said:
Ronda...why do u want the black top...
I am obsessed with having black/tan seats but with a black top instead of tan....... but cant have this black top - the guys said its toast. I wanted to ask if he knew what happened to the driver but I just couldnt bring myself to ask him.........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
ineedmorebotox said:
I am obsessed with having black/tan seats but with a black top instead of tan......
Ronda,

Check out this post by Sky Spy.

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4337

He says you can order the seats you want from your dealer. I am thinking about doing this when my Sky comes in, but haven't made a decision yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
jrarant said:
Ronda,

Check out this post by Sky Spy.

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4337

He says you can order the seats you want from your dealer. I am thinking about doing this when my Sky comes in, but haven't made a decision yet.
thank you so much! just need to do the math and see if a new top is cheaper or new seats and door panels.:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
Maybe someone custom built some seats to sit higher...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
GM sends some pre-production cars to junk yards since they are not saleable. Some junk yards part out the cars for sale. We've seen several Solstices parted like this that were straight from GM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
brentil said:
GM sends some pre-production cars to junk yards since they are not saleable. Some junk yards part out the cars for sale. We've seen several Solstices parted like this that were straight from GM.
I'll be danged. Never would have thought of that. Looks like GM would have their own "scrap yard" to part stuff out. interesting.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top