Saturn Skyline Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
My hopes were so high when I saw it come up, but then sadly it is out of stock T.T
These are impossible to find it seems

To the OP though, if you are just wanting a replacement and do not care how it looks, DDMWorks makes one that has cup holders. I cant stand the added cup holder design(Why does my car with 2 seats need 5 cupholders.....please), and they are very expensive. But you can definitely get a replacement that way.

·
4,972 Posts
.....Why does my car with 2 seats need 5 cupholders.....please......
Had you been around when it was introduced you would know the reasoning behind its design:
The added cupholders are intended to provide a 2-seat car with two functional cupholders.
The retractable passenger-side cupholder is known to break and is quite expensive to replace.
The pair of cupholders in the rear bulkhead are rather awkward to access, and were eliminated in 2008.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Had you been around when it was introduced you would know the reasoning behind its design:
The added cupholders are intended to provide a 2-seat car with two functional cupholders.
The retractable passenger-side cupholder is known to break and is quite expensive to replace.
The pair of cupholders in the rear bulkhead are rather awkward to access, and were eliminated in 2008.
Functional is NOT how I would describe the location of the DDMWorks cupholders.
Ive driven multiple vehicles, including a 90's Celica that I owned with cupholders in that location. Try putting a 44oz soda in that and then shift the car. Good luck.

Wish they made one without them and also made a better designed cupholder insert for the passenger side. That is the best location ive ever seen for a car that is primarily driven alone. Just wish it was made tougher.

·
4,972 Posts
Functional is NOT how I would describe the location of the DDMWorks cupholders.
Ive driven multiple vehicles, including a 90's Celica that I owned with cupholders in that location. Try putting a 44oz soda in that and then shift the car. Good luck.

Wish they made one without them and also made a better designed cupholder insert for the passenger side. That is the best location ive ever seen for a car that is primarily driven alone. Just wish it was made tougher.
Maybe you should design your own, then.

I only said that was the intent, I didn't say anything about the result. I actually agree with you and don't like it either, so I don't own one.

There is an aluminum replacement for the swing-out cupholder from somebody named Santana. $200 more or less, I think. Try a search and I am sure you will find it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Maybe you should design your own, then.

I only said that was the intent, I didn't say anything about the result. I actually agree with you and don't like it either, so I don't own one.

There is an aluminum replacement for the swing-out cupholder from somebody named Santana. $200 more or less, I think. Try a search and I am sure you will find it.
Ive looked around the aluminum replacement, couldn't seem to find one. Havent done deep research yet though. Ill have to look into it. Pricey, but as much as I use it, probably worth it. lol

·
Registered
259 Posts
When I bought my Sky two years ago it had a cracked center console. I had no trouble ordering a new one at my local dealer. Worrisome that two years later and parts like this are nearly impossible to find.

·
Registered
17,329 Posts
When I bought my Sky two years ago it had a cracked center console. I had no trouble ordering a new one at my local dealer. Worrisome that two years later and parts like this are nearly impossible to find.
All these parts are sitting in junk yards all over the country....do some research.

·
Registered
21 Posts
And again, read your PM and contact me (if you’re interested), as I have one for sale that’s in excellent condition and it’ll be a lot cheaper than that eBay listing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts