Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skybaby mentioned this in the Leaf Blower thread, but I think it
is worth mentioning in the car care section.

I have been using the Eagle One Wax As-U-Dry
for some time now and find it to be great. I am a
Zaino user and I might never wax a car in a traditional
way again.

The Eagle One instructions say use the wax on a wet car,
but I use the California Water Blade to remove most of the water
from the car, then I very sparingly spray a section of the car and
dry the car with the Absorber. You will not believe how simple
the process is and the nice bright shine it gives the car. The process
might add 5 minutes to your car wash process. Every one should try it!

I recently purchased the Eagle One Wax As-U-Dry for $3.95 at Wal-Mart.

One note: Eagle One has recently upgraded their product to give a little
more protection. The improved version is in a blue bottle and the older
version is in a red bottle. I have used both versions and could not tell
much difference from an appearance standpoint.
Hokie…
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm going to try it on both of my roadsters. Good tip!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,912 Posts

Do you think it is better than ZAINO on a Black car​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Va Tech Hokie said:
Sky baby mentioned this in the Leaf Blower thread, but I think it
is worth mentioning in the car care section.

I have been using the Eagle One Wax As-U-Dry
for some time now and find it to be great. I am a
Zaino user and I might never wax a car in a traditional
way again.

The Eagle One instructions say use the wax on a wet car,
but I use the California Water Blade to remove most of the water
from the car, then I very sparingly spray a section of the car and
dry the car with the Absorber. You will not believe how simple
the process is and the nice bright shine it gives the car. The process
might add 5 minutes to your car wash process. Every one should try it!

I recently purchased the Eagle One Wax As-U-Dry for $3.95 at Wal-Mart.

One note: Eagle One has recently upgraded their product to give a little
more protection. The improved version is in a blue bottle and the older
version is in a red bottle. I have used both versions and could not tell
much difference from an appearance standpoint.
Hokie…
I've been using this product for years. I'm completely anal about caring for my cars finish (two buckets, microfiber towels and even filtered water etc). I like this product because its a liquid. No heavy rubbing or buffing and that helps to reduce any chance of marring or scratching the surface. Especially when used with a microfiber towel while drying a wet car. It's not as durable as typical wax, of course, but it leaves the surface shiny and spot free after a wash. You might want to look into Mr. Clean Auto Dry as well. It's not a gimmick. It works as advertised. Car drys by itself and spot free. No rubbing the surface with a towel to dry = no scratching. Use a lambs wool mitt to wash and a bucket of clean water to rinse the mitt. Be sure to look into Microfiber towels if you hand dry your cars. Even 100% cotton will scratch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
wt2ga said:

Do you think it is better than ZAINO on a Black car​
No, it is not better than Zaino. It does not last as long, but the shine and
simplicity of the process and cost difference has convinced me I will not be
ordering Zaino for some time. Eagle One adds maybe 5 minutes to the drying
process, not a whole afternoon waxing. I might use the Zaino once a year
and maintain the car regularly with Eagle One. The jury is still out on this.

The Eagle One does not last as long as Zaino, but my thinking is I am using
this every time I wash the car, so Eagle One offers continuous protection.

Although you will see great results the first time you use Eagle One,
I would recommend claying and waxing the car to get the paint
in good shape and then start using Eagle One.

I am into keeping my cars looking nice and I am amazed how well
the Eagle One works. The skin is shinny and very smooth.

I dry my car with the Absorber, because it seemed to me the fiber towel
absorbed a little more of the Eagle One, than the Absorber. If it looks as
if I might not have removed all the Eagle One, I will buff it a little with a good
microfiber towel. The microfiber towel is a great finishing touch tool.

Hokie...
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
I agree with EVERYTHING Hokie is saying...... great product..... yesterday when the subject came up.... i had my son get mine and i took a corny pic... here it is........ the only other question or comment i have....... is.... HOW DO I GET MY DANG RIMS TO SHINE... ALOT???????? SkyBaby-07
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,912 Posts
SkyBaby said:
.. i had my son get mine and i took a corny pic... here it is........
Nice pic of the EagleOne....Can he take a picture of the tattoo ...:eek:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
wt2ga said:
Nice pic of the EagleOne....Can he take a picture of the tattoo ...:eek:
Atlanta is a nice drive from here... i bet it is a GREAT drive from there to here..... my BBQ.... MY PLACE...... 25TH OF JUNE... NEXT SUNDAY...... or..... SKY SHOW.... IN DOWNERS GROVE..... and.. btw, which one do ya want a pic of???? hehehehe...SkyBaby-07
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,912 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Atlanta is a nice drive from here... i bet it is a GREAT drive from there to here..... my BBQ.... MY PLACE...... 25TH OF JUNE... NEXT SUNDAY...... or..... SKY SHOW.... IN DOWNERS GROVE..... and.. btw, which one do ya want a pic of???? hehehehe...SkyBaby-07
Sorry..We would love to join ya’all ….Grandbabies have us booked that weekend …btw any artwork in your posts would be Appreciated
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
Frank said:
I've been using this product for years. I'm completely anal about caring for my cars finish (two buckets, microfiber towels and even filtered water etc). I like this product because its a liquid. No heavy rubbing or buffing and that helps to reduce any chance of marring or scratching the surface. Especially when used with a microfiber towel while drying a wet car. It's not as durable as typical wax, of course, but it leaves the surface shiny and spot free after a wash. You might want to look into Mr. Clean Auto Dry as well. It's not a gimmick. It works as advertised. Car drys by itself and spot free. No rubbing the surface with a towel to dry = no scratching. Use a lambs wool mitt to wash and a bucket of clean water to rinse the mitt. Be sure to look into Microfiber towels if you hand dry your cars. Even 100% cotton will scratch.
Sounds like you too own a black car. :lol: I am this crazy about my present black car, and that is why I am ordering SiLVEr.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
skywulf said:
Sounds like you too own a black car. :lol: I am this crazy about my present black car, and that is why I am ordering SiLVEr.
Funny! I've had several black cars over the last few years. No more black for me! As beautiful as they are clean, it drove me absolutely nuts keeping them that way (Silver Graphite Sky on order) But, I still use those tried and true methods of cleaning my cars today. Little as possible touching the surface and when I do, it's always with a good, thick microfiber towel. Yes, Wax As You Dry is a great product for what it does. Also consider Mr. Clean. Just walk away after a filtered rinse. No hand drying and no spots. Works great for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
Listen, an owner of a black car knows another. It taught me a lot about car care trying to keep it onyx gorgeous. I love a black car, it is indeed my favorite, and if this silver wasn't such a nice silver, it would be difficult to pass up on black again. This Sky silver is a nice finish and looks like it can be waxed and pampered to a mirror shine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
SkyBaby said:
I agree with EVERYTHING Hokie is saying...... great product..... yesterday when the subject came up.... i had my son get mine and i took a corny pic... here it is........ the only other question or comment i have....... is.... HOW DO I GET MY DANG RIMS TO SHINE... ALOT????????

Just for the heck of it, I had a can of Brasso polish and had great results. I was very much surprised! Used it when in the military on belt buckles and such.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
mglindo said:
Just for the heck of it, I had a can of Brasso polish and had great results. I was very much surprised! Used it when in the military on belt buckles and such.:)
Isnt that bad for your wheels?? It seems very abrassive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
SkyBaby said:
I agree with EVERYTHING Hokie is saying...... great product..... yesterday when the subject came up.... i had my son get mine and i took a corny pic... here it is........ the only other question or comment i have....... is.... HOW DO I GET MY DANG RIMS TO SHINE... ALOT???????? SkyBaby-07
Beautiful Pic girl, as usualy. Miss ya....:grouphug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
Frank said:
Funny! I've had several black cars over the last few years. No more black for me! As beautiful as they are clean, it drove me absolutely nuts keeping them that way (Silver Graphite Sky on order) But, I still use those tried and true methods of cleaning my cars today. Little as possible touching the surface and when I do, it's always with a good, thick microfiber towel. Yes, Wax As You Dry is a great product for what it does. Also consider Mr. Clean. Just walk away after a filtered rinse. No hand drying and no spots. Works great for me.
Mr. clean is great for a quick wash, like Frank said, just walk away, no hand drying. And no water mark's.

The Californis Duster is also great for quick clean, but it used for pollen and dust, no real dirt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
SkyBaby said:
I agree with EVERYTHING Hokie is saying...... great product..... yesterday when the subject came up.... i had my son get mine and i took a corny pic... here it is........ the only other question or comment i have....... is.... HOW DO I GET MY DANG RIMS TO SHINE... ALOT???????? SkyBaby-07
Do you have the polished rims Skybaby? I took my wheels off when I had about 2,000 mi. on it and used Mother's aluminium polish on them inside and out, the inside of the rim was really gross. It really shined them up. Then I put a couple coats of the Turtle Wax Ice on them, again inside and out. Now they don't hold near as much brake dust as they did before and it is really easy to just reach through and wash the inside of the wheel too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
I DO love the fact that you can reach right through the wheels and wash them (I have painted).... No ugly wheels for Sunni1:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Mothers chrome polish - really great stuff! Make those wheels super, duper shiney. I learned about the chrome polish on this site and I am very impressed with it.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top