Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been mention on the forum a couple of times already, and I wanted put it into it's own thread. Have your local Saturn dealer visit the website www.gmlaunch.com and enter their BAC. Once in, they will be able to register you as an early order buyer. They will enter your name, address, and phone. Most import of all they will offer you the following choices for your sky:

Exterior Colors

Midnight Blue
Silver Graphite
Sunburst Yellow (not offered on Solstice currently)
Silver Pearl
Forest Green
Chili Pepper Red
Black Onyx
Polar White

Select Options

Premium Trim Option Package: Leather-trimmed Seats, Leather- wrapped Steering Wheel w/Accent Stitching, Steering Wheel Audio Controls, Leather Shift Knob (Manual Transmission Only), Premium Finish Sill Plate, Premium Finish Pedals (Clutch and Brake)

Automatic Transmission

XM® Satellite Radio* -- 130 news, talk, sports and music channels all broadcasting coast-to-coast.

CD/Monsoon® -- 225-watt, 7-speaker premium audio system

6-CD/Monsoon -- 225-watt, 7-speaker premium audio system

As you can see, most options from the Pontiac Solstice are standard on the Saturn Sky (ABS, power package, A/C, limited slip differential, etc.). An automatic transmission will be offered as an immediate option. No word on whether painted or polished wheels will be standard at this time (leaning towards painted wheels). You can price the Sky by using the options from Pontiac Solstice to get the basic Sky price of $24,000 (maybe a little cheaper with a mark down on some options). Standard features should include OnStar, if not subtract $700 from the above base price).

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I've taken and stuck this thread since it's pretty informative for any person who wants to actually get themselves on the pre-order list.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is anyone good at estimating the cost for the:

1. Premium Trim Option Package

2. 6-CD/Monsoon -- 225-watt, 7-speaker premium audio system

Also, is the difference in the "premium" audio package just the 6 CD vs. 1 CD changer or are the speakers...also an improvement?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
When you sign up on this it is not a pre order list, it is just a list so Saturn can get an Idea of how many people are interested and what are going to be the most popular options and accessories.. the only thing is they will e-mail you at the same time that your dealer is informed that Ordering can now take place...It does not give you any certian guarentee you will get to order a car or in what order you will be in, only the dealer list that they keep there can guarentee that... But only if you get it all in writing...
This information I got direct from the Saturn customer service...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Great Post!!

I signed up about three months ago and have been getting periodic updates from Saturn and the sales associate with whom I am working.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Cls66

What Part Of The Country Are You Located.

If You Are Near Atl I Will Be Glad To Let You

Try Our Solstice Due This Week

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
cardero said:
Is anyone good at estimating the cost for the:

1. Premium Trim Option Package

2. 6-CD/Monsoon -- 225-watt, 7-speaker premium audio system

Also, is the difference in the "premium" audio package just the 6 CD vs. 1 CD changer or are the speakers...also an improvement?
Since the Sky is the Solstice with a different skin go to edmunds.com and get the pricing for the Solstice options. You can also go to pontiac.com to research the options, or solsticeforum.com which will have far more info.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
FINELY said:
Cls66

What Part Of The Country Are You Located.

If You Are Near Atl I Will Be Glad To Let You

Try Our Solstice Due This Week
northeast tennesee about 4 hours from atlanta

·
Registered
32 Posts
So, the list the dealer is keeping is different than the list GM is keeping? Do I need to send money do GM to reserve a spot with them? :banghead:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Skymaster said:
So, the list the dealer is keeping is different than the list GM is keeping? Do I need to send money do GM to reserve a spot with them? :banghead:
yes they are different lists and no, the GM list has nothing to do with actually selling the car, you have to arrange all that through your dealer....According to Saturn the only way to purchase a Sky would be through a dealership.... the manufacturer does not sell direct.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I didn't take care of my early registration due to some back and forth issues with my sales representative and his sales manager. We spent some time on the phone together on Saturday and have been assured that I will be taken care of in a manner that I expect to be treated especially as a return customer. I will try to go up to the dealership on Thursday and put down my deposit while both of them are there. I will be sure and point out our forum to them as well as back brief all of you on the outcome.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I suspect we are only 3 months out from official ordering of the car. If you haven't been put on a dealer waiting list yet, you need to right away. The best list is one taking a deposit as it shows both you and dealer are committed to getting the Sky ASAP. I found dealers not taking deposits are the ones that are not active on the Sky news and it's ordering procedures. Find a dealer who is sharing your passion for the car and they will be up on the latest news and how to get your Sky the earliest.

Remember this, the larger Saturn volume dealers will have the biggest allocations (usually) and will secure the cars in numbers first. So, if you want to be the first in your city with a new Sky then find largest dealer near you. If everything goes according to plans, we could be driving our Sky's by March 2006.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I strongly agree with what Delnari has to say. Follow his advice and you'll greatly increase your chances of getting a Sky sooner.

·
Registered
242 Posts
brentil said:
I strongly agree with what Delnari has to say. Follow his advice and you'll greatly increase your chances of getting a Sky sooner.
absolutely correct! I put down my deposit. My money is also refundable, so make sure that your money is refundable. In a few threads here, it was stated that the deposit is non-refundable. So untrue. But make sure of that through your dealer before leaving one. :cheers: to all of you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Like others.....I agree with the deposit idea. My daughter tried to get the Saturn dealers in So. Cal. to take a deposit and they all said NO -- want to buy an Ion? Here in the mid-West, my Saturn dealer (owner) has accepted a $500 refundable deposit, for his first SKY order. All done on formal sales paper with his sig. Of course, the order is contingent on me accepting the SKY pricing when it is formally released. I also got a call yesterday that our SKY order will be placed as the 3rd SKY order Nationally. Seems like the dealers in the mid-West are allot more cooperative and willing to work with us!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
KSVENOM said:
I also got a call yesterday that our SKY order will be placed as the 3rd SKY order Nationally.
uh you better go back and see if he will give you that promise in writing...
He must have a crystal ball(s) Saturn says NOBODY can even place a real order yet, so how can he promise that you will be third in the nation?

·
Registered
623 Posts
classic66vair said:
uh you better go back and see if he will give you that promise in writing...
He must have a crystal ball(s) Saturn says NOBODY can even place a real order yet, so how can he promise that you will be third in the nation?
He could be one of the largest dealers in the Country, and if so he might know that 1st on his list is 3rd in the nation (since he is the 3rd largest). Just a theory.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
He could be one of the largest dealers in the Country, and if so he might know that 1st on his list is 3rd in the nation (since he is the 3rd largest). Just a theory.
It is hard to believe at this time if he is one of the largest dealers in the country that just putting in their pre order the other day they would be number 1 on the list...
I just sent Saturn another e-mail asking how their allotment is allocated and does dealership size and sales volumn determing in what order their Skys will be processed... they may not tell me but you never know.. as i always say if you want to know something go to the sourse and ask, if they can't tell you then it is all speculation...

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
Solstice dealers don't even know who's going to get cars first and cars started being delivered last week. I suggest going to the store, buying a big bag of NaCl, and making a ring of protection around yourself to keep out the evil dealer BS.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
classic66vair said:
It is hard to believe at this time if he is one of the largest dealers in the country that just putting in their pre order the other day they would be number 1 on the list...
I just sent Saturn another e-mail asking how their allotment is allocated and does dealership size and sales volumn determing in what order their Skys will be processed... they may not tell me but you never know.. as i always say if you want to know something go to the sourse and ask, if they can't tell you then it is all speculation...
Solstice allocation was determined by two factors in a formula. Previous years sales of various cars + how well sales of other Roadsters/Convertibles do in that area too. The largest allocation we know of is 22 cars in Michigan, some dealers got ZERO.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts