Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
brentil said:
Solstice dealers don't even know who's going to get cars first and cars started being delivered last week. I suggest going to the store, buying a big bag of NaCl, and making a ring of protection around yourself to keep out the evil dealer BS.
I've tried to avoid evil dealer BS, it's just not possible! :willy:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
brentil said:
Solstice dealers don't even know who's going to get cars first and cars started being delivered last week. I suggest going to the store, buying a big bag of NaCl, and making a ring of protection around yourself to keep out the evil dealer BS.
I just have to say how much I've enjoyed seeing your 'grain of salt' posts progress over the months. The ever increasing amount and various methods of application are always entertaining.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
brentil said:
"ring of protection" :lol:

That cracks me up!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I received my invitation from Saturn to sign up for the Sky Early Registration Program yesterday. I called my dealer and he took my info over the phone and entered it in the computer. He said they will not be taking orders or deposits until around October or so.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
hehehe gotta keep up with these ever elusive dealers. Their BS keeps shifting trying to confuse people. As Delnari mentioned in another thread I don't know which is worse, Pontiac dealers insisting they had 5 EOP cars or Saturn dealers insisting on huge allocations with knowledge of who gets the first cars. Who knows, it might be true. However till I see a photocopy of a dealers allocation signed by some GM exec here on these forums, I'm going to assume Sky roll out will be very much like the Solstice.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Saturn says that info is "Restricted" so I could not get an answer...
ANyhoo, if dealer A is the largest in the country and he is supposed to receive the first Sky ordered then he orders a Chili Pepper Red, will the Red ones be the first built? or will they just fill whatever orders that first come in for the first color the decide to build...
Since they will be moving down the same line with the Solstices, I doubt they will make any special order of paint, it will be whatever happens to be scheduled next... and then the shipping is another story... I am sure they don't want to just ship one or two cars to the same part of the country at a time... at least a train car full would be more economical... and I would say it would be split between several area dealers not just the one...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
classic66vair said:
Saturn says that info is "Restricted" so I could not get an answer...
ANyhoo, if dealer A is the largest in the country and he is supposed to receive the first Sky ordered then he orders a Chili Pepper Red, will the Red ones be the first built? or will they just fill whatever orders that first come in for the first color the decide to build...
Since they will be moving down the same line with the Solstices, I doubt they will make any special order of paint, it will be whatever happens to be scheduled next... and then the shipping is another story... I am sure they don't want to just ship one or two cars to the same part of the country at a time... at least a train car full would be more economical... and I would say it would be split between several area dealers not just the one...
We can get a first hand look at the process GM uses when the 2006 Corvettes start down the assembly line in Bowling Green next month. Go over to the corvetteforum.com site and lurk around. You should get a good idea as to how color and options dictate which cars are produced first.

·
Registered
70 Posts
[/QUOTE]Since they will be moving down the same line with the Solstices, I doubt they will make any special order of paint, it will be whatever happens to be scheduled next... and then the shipping is another story... I am sure they don't want to just ship one or two cars to the same part of the country at a time... at least a train car full would be more economical... and I would say it would be split between several area dealers not just the one...[/QUOTE]

It takes a lot of paint to change colors on an assembly line. I don't remember off hand how many gallons it takes to purge the lines but it is a whole lot. That is why they paint cars in batches of XXXX at a time.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
wtxhl said:
It takes a lot of paint to change colors on an assembly line. I don't remember off hand how many gallons it takes to purge the lines but it is a whole lot. That is why they paint cars in batches of XXXX at a time.
Not true nowadays. Consecutive different colors can be done easily. There is a tendency to launch vehicles in color batches to give the best chance for paint quality, but once the system is tuned in, it takes a small effort to switch colors and paint one black, the next silver, the one behind white...

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
:cool: Well I finally have my pre-order and deposit completed as of this morning making me the first pre-order at Saturn of Waco. Everyone was great the sales manager even hooked me up with the SKY calendar. My thanks go out to everyone at Saturn of Waco for the continued care of my Vue and for taking care of my pre-order. :cheers: So with that behind me I now wait on the SKY's release along with everyone else. :willy:

·
Registered
242 Posts
marklynn70 said:
:cool: Well I finally have my pre-order and deposit completed as of this morning making me the first pre-order at Saturn of Waco. Everyone was great the sales manager even hooked me up with the SKY calendar. My thanks go out to everyone at Saturn of Waco for the continued care of my Vue and for taking care of my pre-order. :cheers: So with that behind me I now wait on the SKY's release along with everyone else. :willy:
happy waiting!:lol: :cheers:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
This is the funny thing right now. If you go into a Pontiac dealership and get onto order wait list you could be waiting till May 2006 for delivery. If you are on 1 or 2 on your Saturn's wait list for a Sky then you will probably get your car before they would. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
early registration - pre order sky

Hello everyone! My name is breeze, and I share your enthusiasm for the sky! I was at the Detroit Auto show back in January, and I saw a sky, sat in it, and almost melted. I am in Columbia, S.C. and I put a down payment a few weeks ago. My salesman is great. Yesterday, he called me asking for my email address, saying Saturn is going to be sending me a bunch of promotional gifts real soon. I'm #4 on the list, and they aren't allocated but 14.
If I can be of help to anyone, drop me a line!!!

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
skybreeze said:
Hello everyone! My name is breeze, and I share your enthusiasm for the sky! I was at the Detroit Auto show back in January, and I saw a sky, sat in it, and almost melted. I am in Columbia, S.C. and I put a down payment a few weeks ago. My salesman is great. Yesterday, he called me asking for my email address, saying Saturn is going to be sending me a bunch of promotional gifts real soon. I'm #4 on the list, and they aren't allocated but 14.
If I can be of help to anyone, drop me a line!!!
Welcome the the Forums Breeze. :cheers: Our numbers grow daily.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Take what the dealerships are telling you about allocations with a grain of salt. Official allocations have not been released to the dealers yet. You did get the 4 spot which is real good. I would be worried if I was sitting 5 or more on the wait list as this may turn into a second allocation run. Don't know this for sure, but using the Solstice production as my measuring stick leads me to believe the Sky will be the same way.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have been in constant contact with Saturn to the extent that they should be sick of my by now. But no, they have been extremely curteous and provided me with as much information as possible. I'm not sure about the colors, but I love the blue in the calendar

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
I have been in constant contact with Saturn to the extent that they should be sick of my by now. But no, they have been extremely curteous and provided me with as much information as possible. I'm not sure about the colors, but I love the blue in the calendar
I have been too, last i was told is to keep in contact with your dealer and make sure they know any concerns you may have...
In my Situation with my wife they actually told me I may want to consider a Solstice... But with the wait list on it it would take longer now to get one of them that being number one on my dealer's list for a Sky...
My wife took her first Chemo treatment yesterday, I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers being offered up for her.
Thanks

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
I've harassed me sales lady enough that I actually feel guilty, though she does always seem happy to see or hear from me. She keeps telling me that they won't take a deposit until they have pricing and ordering information. She has sworn that she will call me immediately (and first) once that happens, though.

·
Registered
623 Posts
reedred said:
I've harassed me sales lady enough that I actually feel guilty, though she does always seem happy to see or hear from me. She keeps telling me that they won't take a deposit until they have pricing and ordering information. She has sworn that she will call me immediately (and first) once that happens, though.
I have a feeling this is how my dealer is doing it. Especially becasue I want to be on the SKY list and the "unofficial" RL list....

21 - 40 of 93 Posts