Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
classic66vair said:
I have been too, last i was told is to keep in contact with your dealer and make sure they know any concerns you may have...
In my Situation with my wife they actually told me I may want to consider a Solstice... But with the wait list on it it would take longer now to get one of them that being number one on my dealer's list for a Sky...
My wife took her first Chemo treatment yesterday, I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers being offered up for her.
Thanks
How is she?....Godspeed to the both of you!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
sky_line said:
How is she?....Godspeed to the both of you!
she is having a little nausia but thats about all right now, the worst should start in 7 to 10 days...thanks for asking

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
reedred said:
I've harassed me sales lady enough that I actually feel guilty, though she does always seem happy to see or hear from me. She keeps telling me that they won't take a deposit until they have pricing and ordering information. She has sworn that she will call me immediately (and first) once that happens, though.
I dropped my car for service this morning and went over to my sales lady waving my checkbook and begging her to take my money. She checked with a sales manager and told me they'd already taken one deposit. I've never been so happy to write a check in my life!

The sales manager told me that the other deposit was conditional upon the car being available in yellow. I told him it will be, and he said, "The information we have now says it will be, but things can change and we won't promise anything until we know we can deliver. Nothing's final yet." Brentil, it was like I'm buying the car from Lot's wife herself!

In any case, I told the sales lady about GMLaunch.com and we entered my preferences. She also agreed to order the car at the first possible opportunity in Silver Graphite with black/red leather, XM, and premium package with the understanding that I'll get in there ASAP to review it and make any changes.

They gave me a printed sales order for the car at MSRP to be announced. I went to work 45 minuted late and that SO never left my hand for more than 20 minutes. I'm glad I scanned it, because it's kinda wrinkled and tattered now. I think I made about 75 people look at it, including the CEO and the cleaning lady.

When I went back to get my car tonight and gave the cashier my credit card, she said "Hey! You bought a car today! You're the Sky guy!" and everyone there started congratulating me. They all seemed to be as happy for me as I am.

As I got ready to leave, the cashier handed me my keys and asked if I knew where my car was. My sales lady spun around and yelled "It's on order!" and did the double gun shooting gesture. I am so freaking psyched!

Sorry this post is so long, but today has been one of the happiest days of my life (corniest too, in retrospect!) Now I just have to wait forever!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I don't want to burst anybodies bubble here, but the black and red leather trim seen on the commerial and in the prototypes may not be offered. :brentil:

My rumor source tells me they don't think this is an option for the regular production Sky. They did say that an all red interior similiar to the Corvette may be offered instead. My guess is the black/red interior is being reserved for the Redline version only.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Delnari said:
I don't want to burst anybodies bubble here, but the black and red leather trim seen on the commerial and in the prototypes may not be offered. :brentil:

My rumor source tells me they don't think this is an option for the regular production Sky. They did say that an all red interior similiar to the Corvette may be offered instead. My guess is the black/red interior is being reserved for the Redline version only.
I think the RL will have the Cobalt colors for interior (Red/Yellow/Blue/Black on Black)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Delnari said:

SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!!!!:banghead:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Delnari said:
I don't want to burst anybodies bubble here, but the black and red leather trim seen on the commerial and in the prototypes may not be offered.

PLEASE TAKE BACK THOSE EVIL WORDS.......SAY IT ISN'T SO!:brentil: :banghead: :mad:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Believe me I'm more disappointed to hear this than any of you are! It's a cost factor and GM wants to keep the base car in the $23K range. The dual leather treatment would cost more than the standard leather package as it's pretty limited in what actually gets real leather. Currently in the Solstice the leather package gets leather seating surfaces, leather steering wheel, and shift knob. The door inserts are not real leather but are some kind of pleather (plastic leather looking).

I believe the special red/black leather upgrade would be a more expensive than the standard leather package.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Delnari said:

I don't like it at all, :banghead: :brentil: :mad: but it makes sense if you consider how the Redline's interior is diffent from the regular Ion and now even the Redline Vue will have the Recaros. :eek:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Delnari said:
Believe me I'm more disappointed to hear this than any of you are! It's a cost factor and GM wants to keep the base car in the $23K range. The dual leather treatment would cost more than the standard leather package as it's pretty limited in what actually gets real leather. Currently in the Solstice the leather package gets leather seating surfaces, leather steering wheel, and shift knob. The door inserts are not real leather but are some kind of pleather (plastic leather looking).

I believe the special red/black leather upgrade would be a more expensive than the standard leather package.
I am sure it would, and GM needs something in the interior to distinguish the RL from the normal SKY.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Saturn dealer in Mt Laurel, NJ is still not taking pre-orders. They are waiting for their allotment. They should let me know whenever that is.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
aegis47 said:
The Saturn dealer in Mt Laurel, NJ is still not taking pre-orders. They are waiting for their allotment. They should let me know whenever that is.
Welcome to the forums! :cheers:

See if they'll let you start a "priority waiting list" at least. A list of perspective buyers and they order/priority they came to the dealer that will translate into a real pre-order list when they start.

·
Registered
18 Posts
something like that

classic66vair said:
It is hard to believe at this time if he is one of the largest dealers in the country that just putting in their pre order the other day they would be number 1 on the list...
I just sent Saturn another e-mail asking how their allotment is allocated and does dealership size and sales volumn determing in what order their Skys will be processed... they may not tell me but you never know.. as i always say if you want to know something go to the sourse and ask, if they can't tell you then it is all speculation...

yes, the larger dealers may get the sky first. Im with lansdowne saturn saab in vancouver B.C.. We will get more skys then some other dealers because we sell more. The dealer that put out more product will get more product. We do very well here. not trying to brag.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
saturn saab said:
yes, the larger dealers may get the sky first. Im with lansdowne saturn saab in vancouver B.C.. We will get more skys then some other dealers because we sell more. The dealer that put out more product will get more product. We do very well here. not trying to brag.
Yes, normal allocations are usually set by the volume selling of a dealership. The Saturn Sky however is a limited production car that will not follow the typical rules for dealer allotments. Don't except a dealership that sells 200 Ions or Vues in a year to get 50 Sky cars to sell. The amount of cars they get will be more than the small dealership, but I would doubt if any dealership will get more than 25 cars to sell the first year. The larger dealerships may be able to get cars transferred from surrounding dealerships, and maybe not. We will all know better come November.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree with Delnari, allocation will be limited for the first six months. Meaning, only 2 will be availble to each retailer. Additionally, the pre-order thing is just a ploy so that corporate can get some bragging rights like the solistice. It in no way holds a sky for you, even if you put money down. The ordering bank opens and the retailer decides who gets the first 2 cars. Everyone else will have to wait until more allocation if distributed...at least 6 months later. So first allocation is April 06, meaning everyone else waits until Sept 06. Personally I'd wait for the turbo version anyway. Oh, the red and black will be an option, don't sweat it. :cheers:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Aegis, I was able to put a deposit down at Saturn of Denville in NJ. It might be a bit of a drive for you , but it depends on how bad you want the car :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
browndawgdude said:
I agree with Delnari, allocation will be limited for the first six months. Meaning, only 2 will be availble to each retailer. Additionally, the pre-order thing is just a ploy so that corporate can get some bragging rights like the solistice. It in no way holds a sky for you, even if you put money down. The ordering bank opens and the retailer decides who gets the first 2 cars. Everyone else will have to wait until more allocation if distributed...at least 6 months later. So first allocation is April 06, meaning everyone else waits until Sept 06. Personally I'd wait for the turbo version anyway. Oh, the red and black will be an option, don't sweat it. :cheers:
If your talking about the List on the GM Launch site I agree with you that it will have no basis for you getting a sky.

But if your are talking about the dealer list I will have to disagree with you. My dealer said the cars will be ordered in the order people put their names on the list. Since I am number 1 on the list at my dealer he told me I will be the first to order a Sky at his dealership... PS I got it in writing too.....

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
classic66vair said:
If your talking about the List on the GM Launch site I agree with you that it will have no basis for you getting a sky.

But if your are talking about the dealer list I will have to disagree with you. My dealer said the cars will be ordered in the order people put their names on the list. Since I am number 1 on the list at my dealer he told me I will be the first to order a Sky at his dealership... PS I got it in writing too.....
You are in a great position and should get your Sky in the first factory run. If you were 5 or higher on the list I would not expect to see a Sky until the second round of deliveries.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Early Registration - Pre-Order Sky

Hello to all!
I joined the forum today and put down my deposit today!
I spoke with my local dealership today and was told I am the 61st person to put a deposit down on the SKY!!!!!!!

I know there is no way that my local dealership can get their hands on that many SKY's!!
Good luck to all and I will be waiting patiently.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts