Saturn Sky Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
:willy:
JFig said:
Hello to all!
I joined the forum today and put down my deposit today!
I spoke with my local dealership today and was told I am the 61st person to put a deposit down on the SKY!!!!!!!

I know there is no way that my local dealership can get their hands on that many SKY's!!
Good luck to all and I will be waiting patiently.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: 61st on the list??? I'm sorry to say but there is no way you will be getting a Sky until 2007 if you wait for your turn on that list... :willy:

We have been told we will get around 14 for the Calendar Year...

Good luck to you!!!

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
JFig said:
Hello to all!
I joined the forum today and put down my deposit today!
I spoke with my local dealership today and was told I am the 61st person to put a deposit down on the SKY!!!!!!!

I know there is no way that my local dealership can get their hands on that many SKY's!!
Good luck to all and I will be waiting patiently.
Yikes! Have you tried another dealer? I would lose my mind waiting behind 60 people!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out what interior colors will go with which exterior paint schemes - eg, can I get tan leather with white or does that exterior only come with the lipstick red/black interior? (Ugh. Please say no). Other than that...it's pretty well optioned out to the level of the Mazda MX-5 "Grand Touring" model with the exception of (I think) "Dynamic Stability Control" (which isn not traction control) and "smart key."

·
Registered
328 Posts
Information

SWQ,
A dealer from the US is sending me some Sky information. If you want his email address, then I can PM it to you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Uk Sky

I live in the Uk but want to get a Sky when its released - can anyone tell me if there will be a europe release or how I can import a US version to the Uk around release date?

·
Registered
623 Posts
rjh said:
I live in the Uk but want to get a Sky when its released - can anyone tell me if there will be a europe release or how I can import a US version to the Uk around release date?
There should be a mainland Europe release as the Opel GT, and there are rumors of a Vaxhuall Lightning version (named after the concept) for the UK coming to light later. How they will get it to be RHD is beyond me since Kappa supposedly is not able to do that.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
There should be a mainland Europe release as the Opel GT, and there are rumors of a Vaxhuall Lightning version (named after the concept) for the UK coming to light later. How they will get it to be RHD is beyond me since Kappa supposedly is not able to do that.
As of right now the Kappa architecture is supposedly unable to do RHD configurations.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
rjh said:
There will not be a European release of the Sky, but they are supposed to create a Opel version I assume to sell overseas, but only to Left hand drive countries as the Kappa platform cannot be converted to right hand drive. Sorry.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Preorder question-interior

I'm on the list-#5-does anyone know about the interior-cloth or leather? Going by the Solstice, they have a cloth option (ebony only) and a leather option. The Sky seems to have more options. I asked for Midnight with tan interior-would prefer leather, but haven't seen anything on this yet.

They tell me the Sky can be seen at Saturn of Wilmington, NC on Nov 14.

Thanks,
Debby

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
debbymcg said:
I'm on the list-#5-does anyone know about the interior-cloth or leather? Going by the Solstice, they have a cloth option (ebony only) and a leather option. The Sky seems to have more options. I asked for Midnight with tan interior-would prefer leather, but haven't seen anything on this yet.

They tell me the Sky can be seen at Saturn of Wilmington, NC on Nov 14.

Thanks,
Debby
you have to order the premium package to get the leather... otherwise it will be cloth.and the only color in the cloth will be black.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sky interior options

Standard = black cloth with black cloth convertible top

Leather options:
Black available on all colors
Red/Black (black convertible top) available on Black Onyx, Polar White, Silver Graphite, and Silver Pearl.
Tan/Black(tan convertible top- except Black Onyx) - available on Chili Pepper Red, Bluestone, Midnight Blue, Forest Green, Black Onyx, and Polar White.

Yellow is available with only black interior and top.

The Red/Black leather include red dash.
The Tan/Black leather comes with a black dash only.

Wheel Options:
Someone asked about wheels. 18" Chrome Aluminum wheels are an option.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
skyfan said:
Standard = black cloth with black cloth convertible top

Leather options:
Black available on all colors
Red/Black (black convertible top) available on Black Onyx, Polar White, Silver Graphite, and Silver Pearl.
Tan/Black(tan convertible top- except Black Onyx) - available on Chili Pepper Red, Bluestone, Midnight Blue, Forest Green, Black Onyx, and Polar White.

Yellow is available with only black interior and top.

The Red/Black leather include red dash.
The Tan/Black leather comes with a black dash only.

Wheel Options:
Someone asked about wheels. 18" Chrome Aluminum wheels are an option.
When that switches my color from Chili Pepper Red to Black Onyx then. Must have the Black/Red interior.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just called all over central Florida trying to find a dealer that will take a pre-preorder deposit. No luck.

Talked to a person I assume is the manager/owner of 4 dealerships that are in conjuction with each other. He said his dealerships are some of the biggest in Florida and combined they are by far the largest seller of Saturns. He said he exepects 2 per month per store, so 8 per month total.

He also told me that he can't except any type of deposit because of the massive intersest from all his return buyers.

He also told me the first few months of production will be random and the cars they receive won't be ordered by them, they have no idea what color/package they will get. From how he sounded those cars will go to the people willl to spend the most up front. After the initial delivers they will be able to start placing orders.

So do I stay in my protective circle? Is that total BS? Should I keep looking around? Or are the dealers that are taking deposits just offering a pipe dream?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Neekburm said:
Just called all over central Florida trying to find a dealer that will take a pre-preorder deposit. No luck.

Talked to a person I assume is the manager/owner of 4 dealerships that are in conjuction with each other. He said his dealerships are some of the biggest in Florida and combined they are by far the largest seller of Saturns. He said he exepects 2 per month per store, so 8 per month total.

He also told me that he can't except any type of deposit because of the massive intersest from all his return buyers.

He also told me the first few months of production will be random and the cars they receive won't be ordered by them, they have no idea what color/package they will get. From how he sounded those cars will go to the people willl to spend the most up front. After the initial delivers they will be able to start placing orders.

So do I stay in my protective circle? Is that total BS? Should I keep looking around? Or are the dealers that are taking deposits just offering a pipe dream?
I basically heard the same story from the truck driver that brings the show car to the dealerships, only additional thing he told me was about a first 500 program that the first 500 will be special packages with special Id Badging.
otherwise what he said was the same as you heard... the two per month will be for the first year's production regardless of dealership size. but as i say consider the source ...
P.S. Some dealers are taking deposits, Mine has...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
My dealership, Saturn of Huntsville, has had my deposit for 1 month now. It put me at the top of the list since nobody wanted to belly up to the bar first. I told them if it came out tomorrow it's mine. Love roadsters. :cheers:

·
Registered
39 Posts
61 sounds fake

A dealer having 60 deposits in Chicago sounds like BS. This prompted me to go a place a deposit at a local "chicago" dealer. I am # 3 now at this dealership. Go find a good Saturn dealer.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Guaranteed Delivery

I just left my local Saturn Dealer. We talked of pricing which of course is not known. She gave parameters that sound exactly like ones on this web site. I showed her The New York Times article on Bob Lutz and had a good talk. She said we will have delivery in March. I asked for a guarantee in writing and she had the General Manager sign on order form. I'm not naive but at least now I'll have leverage on add ons when they don't make guarantee. If they do deliver on time I will shake my head in disbelief as I drive away, or will negoitate the enviromental package for free. Moral of story when they shoot there mouth off on delivery ask for a guarantee. It might not get the car there any faster but you can probably get some freebies for failure.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Pre-order

On October 22,05 I placed a new car order with my local saturn dealer in N.E. Ohio. I was told I was the first to pre-order a car. According to their sales practice once they have word from Saturn what they are to get in way of cars,they will contact me and prior to the building of the car let me choose my options and re-submit to Saturn. They would not take a deposit so a few days afterwards I followed up with a letter to the dealer letting him know I am anxious to be the first to get a car and to keep me abreast of any information from Saturn.
Durning the showing of the car I did get on Saturns order site at the dealer and have since received a "sniff and scratch" folder and a very nice count down calendar.
I do hope with doing the above I will be assured to get a car this spring.
The dealer had no further information at the time other than the colors and possible options radio and color of interior but could not confirm if red and black will be available.
I am getting soooooooooo anxious as it is such a beautiful car :willy:

·
Registered
87 Posts
After reading your post do you think it is necessary to get a copy of the order? See my message of 10/25/05. The dealer made it sound like I was 1st on his list and did take a new car order

61 - 80 of 93 Posts