Saturn Sky Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looks like you are on line and seem to be in the know, do you think there is anything further I should do as far as my new car order? After reading all these postings not sure if I trust the dealer or not! My posting is 10/25/05 under ordering

·
Registered
745 Posts
I would try what I did go back and get it in writing( a GUARANTEE). If they won't do it look for another dealer. Call them on there own words. If they won't back up what they tell you how can you believe anything they say. I think the bigger volume dealers will be more willing to guarantee, not because they no anything more than anyone else but because they are already getting perks of the Sky. Look at the dealers that the Sky has been shown, they have something in common( Hi-volume dealers). It is a fact of life there will be a pecking order and the lions will feed first. Let me no what happens.

·
Registered
87 Posts
pre-order

I am off to the dealer right now to get a guarantee in writing,or at least a copy of the pre-order. :D :D :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
very excited

all i can say is i have dreamed of the image of Saturn making this awesome creation. Saturns are extremly reliable, i have had one since 94' and i wouldnt drive anything else. Great job guys. Hopefully ill be able to purchase my "dream car" when it comes out.

many blessings
angela in kernersville, nc

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Early Registering

My dealer is taking no money. He has assured me that THAT (a cash deposit) will be "taken care of" when I actually order the car. He told me as a good customer (this would be my 4th Saturn) that I would be fine. According to him, no matter how the cars are allotted - I will be given a chance in the order I am (I am #2). If I want a specific car (I do - Yellow with tan leather - Monsoon sound system and Polished wheels (not painted)) then I will get that as soon as it hits their store. He believes (his belief through conversations with people he knows in MFG.) that "batches" of cars will come out - then orders will be filled. The batches will be of each available color with medium to full options. Then they will build ordered cars.
He agreed June is not an unreasonable time to expect the car I want done the way I want. Could it be longer?? Damned straight... Less time -- Not likely...
I will be patient... I want the car I want -- not the "first" one.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
My dealer is taking no money. He has assured me that THAT (a cash deposit) will be "taken care of" when I actually order the car. He told me as a good customer (this would be my 4th Saturn) that I would be fine. According to him, no matter how the cars are allotted - I will be given a chance in the order I am (I am #2). If I want a specific car (I do - Yellow with tan leather - Monsoon sound system and Polished wheels (not painted)) then I will get that as soon as it hits their store. He believes (his belief through conversations with people he knows in MFG.) that "batches" of cars will come out - then orders will be filled. The batches will be of each available color with medium to full options. Then they will build ordered cars.
He agreed June is not an unreasonable time to expect the car I want done the way I want. Could it be longer?? Damned straight... Less time -- Not likely...
I will be patient... I want the car I want -- not the "first" one.
I also have heard the BATCH theory from the truck driver hauling one of the show cars around... I have talked to my dealer and I told him if they do it that way I want the first red one that comes in regardless of options, I have personal reasons for wanting to get an early one.. not because I want one of the first ones to come out though... I also told him I would consider other colors (except black or white) as long as I got to look at them first and see if I liked that color on the car... I am number one on the list at my dealer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Pre-order

After returning home yesterday I felt very confident that I would be one of the 1st. to purchase a Sky. My dealer here in Canton,Ohio would not take a deposit, like so many others, but left me with a very confident feeling that I was at the top of the list.The manager seemed like an honest person to deal with and I have never heard any negitive coments about this dealer.
He too made reference to the batch theory and thought that all cars will be shipped from the factory with the most popular options. Though there could be the chance of the dealer getting an "image" of the cars for their dealership and making changes to them prior to building the car. Guess we will all have to just wait and see what transpires. My guess is that starting In November news will start flowing from Saturn. :confused: confused yet confident :D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I will be patient... I want the car I want -- not the "first" one.[/QUOTE

This sounds exactly like the information I got from my dealer, and I beleive him. :)

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I also have heard the BATCH theory from the truck driver hauling one of the show cars around... I have talked to my dealer and I told him if they do it that way I want the first red one that comes in regardless of options, I have personal reasons for wanting to get an early one.. not because I want one of the first ones to come out though... I also told him I would consider other colors (except black or white) as long as I got to look at them first and see if I liked that color on the car... I am number one on the list at my dealer.
The EOP cars were color batched to a degree. Post-EOP cars there is no batching going on from what we've heard.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
brentil said:
The EOP cars were color batched to a degree. Post-EOP cars there is no batching going on from what we've heard.
well that is not quite the same Batching thing we are talking about, what we are talking about they are going to make a batch of cars will the same options, and send them out, then make some with other options and send them out, probably mixing different colors in.... but the dealers will not be placing special orders probably until june...

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
brentil said:
I was listing that there was one type of batching that has existed to this point, and then that there has been no batching of any type since then. Meaning that there has never been any option batching at all to this point.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Since I was on the other side of town today I sauntered into Saturn of Huntsville to see my sales lady. Well she no longer works there. But because I am a nice handsome man with a big mouth, I said will anybody adopt me? Well out of the woodwork they came. The sales Dept. all said " You are the guy who put the deposit down on the SKY." I said yes and was adopted forthwith. Damn I love Saturn of Huntsville.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts