Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a GXP that was for sale on Ebay. Ebay Item Number 300030554707
Bidding has ended for this item at US $41,229.00 is this crazy or what ??? It'll be interesting to see what Way2Fast the Red Line goes for? It was up to 31,000.000 last time I looked but has another day to go.

Any Guesses ?

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
way2fast is currently at $35,000, I think the gxp could have sold for more. someone bought it at $41K as a buy it now, I beleive it wouold have sold for more if the buy it now was higher or there was no buy it now feature on the auction. :willy:

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
This is a GXP that was for sale on Ebay. Ebay Item Number 300030554707
Bidding has ended for this item at US $41,229.00 is this crazy or what ??? It'll be interesting to see what Way2Fast the Red Line goes for? It was up to 31,000.000 last time I looked but has another day to go.

Any Guesses ?
Deluke,
There was a Mallet GXP that closed higher than that... w2f's is up to 35K last I looked, ....the pics could have been much better in the listing (background, angles)... Pics sell IMO... could have gotten higher price who knows..but it would have been worth the try...
I'm guessing here, ending in price...42 K?....
His MSRP...about 31-32?..tax lic. warranty if taken..ect...total estimated paid 34-35K? Oh, and gas...if you want to count that as well.:)
maybe w2f will get about 5K or 7K profit? Just a guess...who knows?:lol:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
way2fast is currently at $35,000, I think the gxp could have sold for more. someone bought it at $41K as a buy it now, I beleive it wouold have sold for more if the buy it now was higher or there was no buy it now feature on the auction. :willy:
This is totally insane ! I wonder how hight it would of went ?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deluke,
There was a Mallet GXP that closed higher than that... w2f's is up to 35K last I looked, ....the pics could have been much better in the listing (background, angles)... Pics sell IMO... could have gotten higher price who knows..but it would have been worth the try...
I'm guessing here, ending in price...42 K?....
His MSRP...about 31-32?..tax lic. warranty if taken..ect...total estimated paid 34-35K? Oh, and gas...if you want to count that as well.:)
maybe w2f will get about 5K or 7K profit? Just a guess...who knows?:lol:
But the Mallet is different. You have to buy the car then pay around 15000.00/20,000.00 for the mallett I believe.

·
164 Posts
But the Mallet is different. You have to buy the car then pay around 15000.00/20,000.00 for the mallett I believe.

Wow...Didn't know it cost that much more for the conversions!...it makes sense now:) Thanks for the heads up:thumbs:

·
Registered
54 Posts
just think how much he could have gotten if it never got rained on......

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just think how much he could have gotten if it never got rained on......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That deserves a Gozmo 7.

I still say he bought it only to sell it. My opinion only. It's just too bad the next person in line at his dealership has to wait. But if someone walked up to me and offered me 10K for my GXP ( If I had it ) It would be hard to say no.

·
164 Posts
I still say he bought it only to sell it. My opinion only. It's just too bad the next person in line at his dealership has to wait. But if someone walked up to me and offered me 10K for my GXP ( If I had it ) It would be hard to say no.

:agree: :agree: :agree: but not the 10K part:lol: ...:nono: Just love our RL to darn much to let him go!:lol: Ahhh you just might say the same thing when you get your GXP baby soon!:lol:

·
Registered
166 Posts
That deserves a Gozmo 7.

Yea, if I got offered $42k for my Redline I'd probably take it as well.

·
Registered
223 Posts
the pics could have been much better in the listing (background, angles)... Pics sell IMO...
I agree for most things on ebay...but a limited production car?? I doubt better pictures would really change things. The people bidding either want it or don't.

·
Registered
276 Posts
That deserves a Gozmo 7.

If I only purchased the RL to sell it, then please tell me WHY I first offered it to ANYONE on this forum for EXACTLY what it cost me ?? I told everyone that if I had no takers I would list it on ebay and let the cookie crumbs fall where they may !! I had no takers...so I listed it.

Offering something for zero profit is not what anyone who purchased an item with plans to re sell it usually does , now is it?

Richard

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
If I only purchased the RL to sell it, then please tell me WHY I first offered it to ANYONE on this forum for EXACTLY what it cost me ?? I told everyone that if I had no takers I would list it on ebay and let the cookie crumbs fall where they may !! I had no takers...so I listed it.

Offering something for zero profit is not what anyone who purchased an item with plans to re sell it usually does , now is it?

Richard

Anyone I know wouldn't sell a car because it got rained on either, would they ?? So don't start asking questions like that. The whole darn thing sounds really strange to me.

I really don't know why but I'm not passing judgement. The whole rain thing is a bit crazy wouldn't you say. I don't think you really wanted one to begin with. This is my opinion only. Because if you did you wouldn't be selling it.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
I agree for most things on ebay...but a limited production car?? I doubt better pictures would really change things. The people bidding either want it or don't.
:agree: :agree:

The redline is so new to the market as a performance car version of a limited availability car, I doubt if the photos or quality of the wording or anything like that will make any difference at all. Especially since there is a Saturn Dealer as part of the bidding, the dealer probably has a buyer waiting and my guess is the price is not going to be a concern to whoever buys it.
Just my 2cents but I have serious doubts as to the veracity of way2fasts story for the sale, my guess is the car was intended as a quick money maker from the time he placed the order, either that or he intended to swap in his base unit, until he determined he would be getting one of the first units and the temptation of the easy money hit him and he decided to cash in.

·
164 Posts

Yeah, your probably right...the words Sky Redline should sell the car....I just like looking at nice photos..especially the Sky....I guess its the hobby photographer, marketing director in me...:)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Rain or no rain..if I really liked the car and thought it was a vast improvement over my standard Sky, I would not have listed it for sale. It isn't, so I sold it.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Rain or no rain..if I really liked the car and thought it was a vast improvement over my standard Sky, I would not have listed it for sale. It isn't, so I sold it.
way2fast
Just so you know, while I guess I find it hard to believe everything you have said about the sale, unlike some I have no problem with you selling the car. What ever the reason behind the sale you did the time in line waiting and it is your car to do as you like.:)
Also would like to say I'm glad you kept one Sky and stayed a member of the forum. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Too Late

Wish I would have seen the post before it was listed on e-bay. Better yet wish someone other than some dealer would have ended up with it!:mad: Contacted the owner but he didn't want to end the auction early and sell it. At that point can't say as I blame him.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm sure the Scottsdale dealership won't have any problem making money on it as well. Way too much money out there in that area.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts