Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy is selling his "place in line" on Ebay! Clearly has decided he can't afford the vehicle. Like seriously, if you wanted to make money buy the car then re-sell that...how much is a spot in line going to sell for?

I would buy it and then tell the guy to go to hell but I don't want to sacrafice my 100% feedback. Hopefully someone who can do something sees this and informs his dealer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8049117877&fromMakeTrack=true

·
Registered
256 Posts
LOL.. people do it all the time with the Raven's season tickets.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
This guy is selling his "place in line" on Ebay! Clearly has decided he can't afford the vehicle. Like seriously, if you wanted to make money buy the car then re-sell that...how much is a spot in line going to sell for?
For Solstices between $2000 and $8000 when they first came out. It's much easier then selling a car too.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I DO, just glad the deal with T.O. a couple years ago never went through. He wouldn't fit in with a team full of real killers anyway. Too much of a cry baby!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I'm amazed that a dealer, or a prospective buyer for that matter, would go along with this scam.

If I had a deposit from Joe Blow and Tom Doe showed up at my door saying he'd bought Joe's place in line, I'd call up Joe and tell him that if he didn't want the car, I'd be sending his deposit back and moving along to the next legitimate buyer on my list.

The dealer made a deal with with Joe, and unless there is some specific wording regarding transferability or assignability of Joe's deal, I really don't think that the dealer would have any legal obligation to Tom on this.

Meanwhile, Joe has disappeared with Tom's hard earned cash.

·
Registered
554 Posts
For this to work most of the time, the salesman is in on it. He gets a kickback from the original buyer by allowing a last minute change of buyer for the slot. Don't think Saturn Corporate will stand for it though, as they have rules against selling outside of immediate market area.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Delnari said:
I DO, just glad the deal with T.O. a couple years ago never went through. He wouldn't fit in with a team full of real killers anyway. Too much of a cry baby!
Way off topic, but if the Ravens change thier minds...

View attachment TO-Ebay.bmp

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Delnari said:
For this to work most of the time, the salesman is in on it. He gets a kickback from the original buyer by allowing a last minute change of buyer for the slot. Don't think Saturn Corporate will stand for it though, as they have rules against selling outside of immediate market area.
Well from what I understand, the e-bay seller is going to order the car as if it is his. Then have the e-bay buyer, actually purchase the car when it comes in.

Actually at my original dealership which I was #3 in line, this was suggested (very unofficially and off the record) to me, since I wanted a Bluestone. I also think it was suggested so if I was willing to profit off of the demand for the car I could not argue with them getting extra profit by charging over MSRP (this was when they were still planning to.)

Personally, If I was behind me in line and found out about it, I would freak!:brentil:

·
Registered
182 Posts
richmcc said:
Personally, If I was behind me in line and found out about it, I would freak!:brentil:
If I was behind you in line looking at your morning hair I would freak !:lol: :cheers:

JK! I like your posts and am trying not to get too jacked about my order being in, waiting for my VIN! :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
That guy who is selling his spot on Ebay posts on the Sky forum on Saturnfans.com. In his original post (dated 3/19/06) over there, he stated that he was tired of changing cars (is currently driving a VW Cabrio)...had his deposit in over a year ago and was called by the dealer asking if he still wanted the car. Since he's selling his spot on Ebay, I'm guessing he'd rather keep driving his VW. :crazy:

·
Registered
554 Posts
I explained to him that what he was doing is wrong.

His response, "Go F*** yourself Butthole".

I just may go over to SaturnFans and start a flame war now :mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey CdnSkyGuy
Is this your question for the seller????:lol:
Questions from other members

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: You sir, are a f*****g retard!
Mar-23-06
A: I think you have summed up the level of your intelligence. I wouldn't sell you a slip of paper giving you directions to find your big toe because you probably...more

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
richmcc said:
Well from what I understand, the e-bay seller is going to order the car as if it is his. Then have the e-bay buyer, actually purchase the car when it comes in.
The ebay seller has quite an exposure here. He could end up buying himself a car he doesn't want or can't afford.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts