Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has this been commented on yet? Click here for ebay listing

This person is attempting to sell his right to an image (who knows how long out he is) for 2,500.

Granted i know people have tried to sell/sold spots for 1,000 bucks -- but 2,500 for a SPOT in line?

If you read the description it seems there is already alot of hate mail headed his way (hehehe).

Also on the ebay note -- I thought there would be a much greater influx of cars for sale now that they are making it in to our hands, from what I remember the Sol's were up and running on ebay within days of the first sales (please correct me if im wrong btw). For the Skys, I only know of the one red one bought by a high bidding dealer and the yellow one which was cancelled 2 days in to its listing. Is this a case of people loving their Sky too much to sell -- even for a quick and simple profit of thousands? Hmmmm...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Someone would have to be out of their mind to bid...lol.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I saw this yesterday but didn't comment. I'll be completely honest, if the car itself sold for 10K over sticker, it would be tempting to put it on EBAY but for nothing less. I've waited too long for this car and I'm too excited. Not only would you pay $2500 for this guy's spot in line, but his dealer isn't selling at MSRP.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
okay, okay, okay, after about 3 seconds of thinking about this, I realized....

CAN HE EVEN DO THAT????​

I mean, has he cleared this with the dealership? If anything, he'd have to buy the car and then give it to the guy, right? Or buy the car with this other person's money before the other person has the pink slip?!?!?! Am I twisted in my thinking? Please advise.

That's just weird..... I mean if he doesn't want his spot because his car is marked up over MSRP at the dealership, wouldn't the dealership say,

NEXT!!!!!!!!!​

Correct me if I am wrong...

·
Registered
295 Posts
I love it when we are passionate about a topic...lol...All I can say UNOFFICIALLY, is that Saturn Corp was none too happy about how the Chili Pepper red one on Ebay went. Me thinks there be shenanigans about...and Saturn Corp is cracking down....
Cheers,
Jill

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
Me thinks there be shenanigans about...and Saturn Corp is cracking down....
Cheers,
Jill
Like a retailer's friend or employee selling it, giving the profit to the retailer... and in such, avoiding the "dealer markup"???

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Oh, in regards to the guy selling his spot... he is not bright... if he didn't sell his spot before when he had it for $250... what makes him think he will sell it for $2,500?!?!?!?!?! :banghead:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
I love it when we are passionate about a topic...lol...All I can say UNOFFICIALLY, is that Saturn Corp was none too happy about how the Chili Pepper red one on Ebay went. Me thinks there be shenanigans about...and Saturn Corp is cracking down....
Cheers,
Jill
Jill the story I got on the Red one (sold for 3K over MSRP) was that it was bought by a dealer to use as a demo. This way they did not use their demo image and would sell one more car. They felt the $3000 was worth it (pay it out of advertising budget) to attract store traffic and sell the car for MSRP at the end.

·
Registered
304 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
Oh, in regards to the guy selling his spot... he is not bright... if he didn't sell his spot before when he had it for $250... what makes him think he will sell it for $2,500?!?!?!?!?! :banghead:

There was also another one for $100. Of course, no bids.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
There was another thread here about someone who decided not to take the Sky (the fool) and his dealer said no problem that just bumps up the others in line. I have a feeling he can try to sell it, but the dealer has no obligation to honor it. The person's name is on the invoice/order form and he is the one it will be sold too. Someone walking in with his order should be pointed to the back of the line. Now if he wanted to take delivery of that car and then sell it right away, what the heck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts