1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ebay SKY bidding closed tonight at $29544

2007 Saturn : Sky Loaded

Item number: 4624159371

Current bid:US $29,544.00 WorldwideItem location:Columbia, South Carolina, United StatesHistory:27 bids

·
Registered
39 Posts
And it went to a Saturn Store.. At least from the name.

But its actually a good idea. If you get one now for 4K over sticker, then you have a permanent demo for the future

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thats just WRONG! Its like a ticket scalper.

·
Registered
554 Posts
That is a little more than I thought it would have gone for. Be interested to see if this "zero" rated bidder actually pays for it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Interesting: Bid history shows at least two dealers made total of 5 bids. Saturn of Scottsdale outbid Saturn of Lynchburg and others not identifing themselves as dealers. Several individual bidders made more than one bid. Appears 12 bidders total participated.

Why would Saturn dealers get into this? If they sold this at cost, wouldn't they have to charge same mark-up to all? I guess I don't get it.

Here's another Sky item on eBay - Sky earrings on ebay, too! In six car colors and at $9.99 what a deal! Too bad they don't have our color.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
SkyHope said:
Interesting: Bid history shows at least two dealers made total of 5 bids. Saturn of Scottsdale outbid Saturn of Lynchburg and others not identifing themselves as dealers. Several individual bidders made more than one bid. Appears 12 bidders total participated.

Why would Saturn dealers get into this? If they sold this at cost, wouldn't they have to charge same mark-up to all? I guess I don't get it.

Here's another Sky item on eBay - Sky earrings on ebay, too! In six car colors and at $9.99 what a deal! Too bad they don't have our color.
Maybe they got together and put on a sham auction to justify jacking up the MSRP to prospective buyers..."they're going for $29K on Ebay... we'll sell you one for just $28K"

·
Registered
554 Posts
ggccg said:
Maybe they got together and put on a sham auction to justify jacking up the MSRP to prospective buyers..."they're going for $29K on Ebay... we'll sell you one for just $28K"
That would be something...

Very good marketing, if its true.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
ggccg said:
I wouldn't be surprised - I heard of this happening with regard to the SSR.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am purchasing my Sky from Saturn of Chapel Hill - Durham, North Carolina & they are only charging MSRP. :)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
ggccg said:
I was thinking a similar thing...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Again, it can be asmart move for a dealer to buy this car as a Demo.

SKY will be on a turn and earn basis.

This way they have a Demo they can show people without holding a car in inventory.

Later in the year they can sell at at Auction for nearly what they paid for it.

This SKY was on EBAY too early. Next month would have been a better time

·
Registered
326 Posts
The champagne colored one being auctioned by clothesoffourback for charity is currently up to 46K, If Saturn offered that color I would be getting it.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
twirp said:
The champagne colored one being auctioned by clothesoffourback for charity is currently up to 46K, If Saturn offered that color I would be getting it.:cheers:
Agreed, that champagne color is wicked. For those of you who havent seen it...
... and the auction link.

Are we to also assume all that luggage can fit in the trunk?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts