Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had the ECM tune performed by Vector Motorsports a week ago and wanted to give you all a quick review.

To me, there are 3 very noticeable differences.

First (and best) is initial acceleration. When you press the gas it “jumps” immediately. There is no longer a hesitation or that bogged down feeling before it gets moving. Even someone riding with me who didn’t know I had this done noticed enough of a difference to ask me if I had something done.

Second is engine temp. (Without A/C) normally on an 80+ degree day my engine temp would run about 210-216 in stop & go traffic. I have not seen it above 206 since the retune and it regular traffic it now runs about 192.

Last is gas mileage. Since I punch the gas every chance I get, my previous high in gas mileage was less than 21 mpg but usually right at 19. Now, it never falls below 21 and is usually close to 23. To add to this: I have not changed my driving style, my average speed is identical to what it was before and I have always used 93 octane.

Big thanks to Chris and everyone at Vector!

·
Registered
102 Posts
SWEET THANKS !! I have to show this to my wife you know for the gas mileage :lol: only way anyone married will be able to get it :D !

·
Registered
92 Posts
only way anyone married will be able to get it
:agree: :D

Did you do a chip exchange or drive over to get it done?

Do you have any other mods? CAI, Headders, Exhaust?

Ballpark price?

Thanks~

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trebuchet said:
Did you do a chip exchange or drive over to get it done?

Do you have any other mods? CAI, Headders, Exhaust?

Ballpark price?

Thanks~
I drove over to get it done. I have the factory installed GM CAI. Here is a link from the Solstice forum I used to get all the details (w/pricing & everything).

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13692

·
Registered
248 Posts
Does it make a difference if you have a 5 speed or automatic?

·
Registered
322 Posts
THANKS, why yes the improvements in gas milage are the only reason I will be making this "mod". :cool: What with the Alaska BP pipeline issue it is well that we all do our best to conserve fuel.....sound ok? :angel: I just know my wife will be proud of me for helping out in the environment.:D

·
Registered
113 Posts
belletire said:
I had the ECM tune performed by Vector Motorsports a week ago and wanted to give you all a quick review.

To me, there are 3 very noticeable differences.

First (and best) is initial acceleration. When you press the gas it “jumps” immediately. There is no longer a hesitation or that bogged down feeling before it gets moving. Even someone riding with me who didn’t know I had this done noticed enough of a difference to ask me if I had something done.

Second is engine temp. (Without A/C) normally on an 80+ degree day my engine temp would run about 210-216 in stop & go traffic. I have not seen it above 206 since the retune and it regular traffic it now runs about 192.

Last is gas mileage. Since I punch the gas every chance I get, my previous high in gas mileage was less than 21 mpg but usually right at 19. Now, it never falls below 21 and is usually close to 23. To add to this: I have not changed my driving style, my average speed is identical to what it was before and I have always used 93 octane.

Big thanks to Chris and everyone at Vector!
Since I am on the West Coast has nayone out here had their's done if so where?

·
Registered
85 Posts
We are the only company tuning Sky's, we've also done more 2.4L tuning than any other company out there, you can ship in your unit and we'll give it the same great same day turn around service we give all our clients :)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts