Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I've heard, there is a LOT of moddability to be had in the Ecotec series of motors. In case you missed the other thread, I plan on boosting the car, and I was wondering:

- This motor is higher compression then anything I've worked with, so I notice you have to run a lot lower boost then I'm used to. What are the "tried and true" limitations of the 2.4L motor in terms of boost/whp? With my old car I had a good idea of how much the average car could take in terms of boost and WHP before having to worry about internals...so I was wondering the same. This is a relatively new motor it seems, so finding facts on what it can take seem difficult when there are only a few people playing with them right now.

- What is the weak point of the Sky's driveline? When should I expect to need a clutch, and when does the diff/transmission tend to give out if ever? Who supplies a good clutch for higher HP applications? Anyone selling motor internals yet?

Thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Brammo motorsports has ecotechs running at 300hp for their Ariel Atoms. They say it is a great and highly tunable engine.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The 2.4L Ecotech on the Kappa cars is good to 8psi and preserving some longevity with the engine.
The WHP with the Hahn turbo is at 242, but it could probably go to 250+ and still maintained reliability, if you take good care of it.
This Engine has the internals plus other modifications that are found on the 2.0L Supercharge Ecotech.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts