3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Another Ecotec 2.0 Turbo Picture...

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
theirishgonzo said:
is the cover on the turbo with the black hose the bov?
No the bov is shown deeper under the air side of the turbo housing with a connecting rod on the left side. This rod will move the bov if necessary.

The thing you mentioned is a valve on the air pressue side which connects the air pressure side with the air intake side. Here is a picture which should explain better then me.
ecoturbo_3313-10-3.jpg

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
well I have all the Mods in place ready for the supercharger, it should be on the sky IN ABOUT 2 WEEKS the CAI,Headers,Cat and re tune have changed this little sky into a surprise for Miata's. The guy next door has a speed, he is now a believer in SKY's....Seal9:lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers: :D :D :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
C20LET_50 said:
No the bov is shown deeper under the air side of the turbo housing with a connecting rod on the left side. This rod will move the bov if necessary.

The thing you mentioned is a valve on the air pressue side which connects the air pressure side with the air intake side. Here is a picture which should explain better then me.
View attachment 4415
I believe the part that has the rod is the waste gate and the BOV (Blow Off valve) would be the black diaphragm looking part that would recycle the on used air back in to the intake system. Also know as a Bypass Valve.

·
Registered
422 Posts
LiveWire said:
I believe the part that has the rod is the waste gate and the BOV (Blow Off valve) would be the black diaphragm looking part that would recycle the on used air back in to the intake system. Also know as a Bypass Valve.
Oups, sorry mixed the BOV up with the waste gate valve.:eek: My fault.
But the picture explaines...:thumbs:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts