Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I was just on edmunds.com and read about the redline ooohhh....

ok how long ago did we know about it....
like a year ago. I'm just happy its finally anounced. :thumbs:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Sky4christ said:
so I was just on edmunds.com and read about the redline ooohhh....

ok how long ago did we know about it....
like a year ago. I'm just happy its finally anounced. :thumbs:
There have been rumors a LONG time, but the first official indication of the Sky Redline was just a couple weeks ago. Before that, we had official word of the Opel GT about a month ago (basically an export Sky Redline) and the Solstice GXP, which is also essentially the same car/powertrain from back in January when it was intro'd at the LA and Detroit Auto shows.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
I have heard that the premium over the standard SKY will only be $2,000 :willy: and that it should be available around the September time-frame... :eek:

We'll see soon enough if all this is true!!! :rolleyes:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
SKY Spy said:
I have heard that the premium over the standard SKY will only be $2,000 :willy: and that it should be available around the September time-frame... :eek:

We'll see soon enough if all this is true!!! :rolleyes:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:
I know you have a good inside track - wink wink - but since the components cost more than $2K that seems a bit low. Turbos as options on most other vehicles raise the cost about $5K, but $2K would be great! I doubt anyone would complain about that and it would keep the total cost of a loaded Sky under $30K.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Can you say $29,900

A Sky Red Line with options (not necesarrily everthing like car cover and locking gas cap, but 6 disk changer and all weather carpets for example) plus tax and title for $29,900 would be sweet.

·
Registered
727 Posts
TexSon said:
I know you have a good inside track - wink wink - but since the components cost more than $2K that seems a bit low. Turbos as options on most other vehicles raise the cost about $5K, but $2K would be great! I doubt anyone would complain about that and it would keep the total cost of a loaded Sky under $30K.:thumbs:
It's hard to say what is really a fair price jump, since most cars with turbos also add other additional equipment too.

For instance, we do have some idea what the Solstice GXP will cost. Bob Lutz has stated that the price increase will be between $4000 to $5000 for the GXP Solstice over the base car. However, we also know that this price increase includes about $3000 worth of non-turbo equipment, that is extra cost on the Solstice (things like ABS, convenience pkg, upgraded wheels, etc). If they hold to Lutz's statement, that would mean the real price increase for the turbo on the GXP would be about $2000, plus the rest of the equipment. That is also not counting the revised fascias, the stability control/active handline, or revised suspension on the GXP.

A $2000 increase could be reasonable.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Fformula88 said:
It's hard to say what is really a fair price jump, since most cars with turbos also add other additional equipment too.

For instance, we do have some idea what the Solstice GXP will cost. Bob Lutz has stated that the price increase will be between $4000 to $5000 for the GXP Solstice over the base car. However, we also know that this price increase includes about $3000 worth of non-turbo equipment, that is extra cost on the Solstice (things like ABS, convenience pkg, upgraded wheels, etc). If they hold to Lutz's statement, that would mean the real price increase for the turbo on the GXP would be about $2000, plus the rest of the equipment. That is also not counting the revised fascias, the stability control/active handline, or revised suspension on the GXP.

A $2000 increase could be reasonable.

plus dealer markup, at least in SoCal

·
Registered
802 Posts
Pie in the Sky - Red line that is

I see a lot of dreaming around this subject. Not so much the car itself, but the final cost in $money$. I predict (yes, me) the lowest price out the door for any 2007 Redline will be at least $36,000 and that would be to some relative of the dealer. I see (yes, me) a top of $39,999.00 and only because nobody wants to go over that figure (exception: EBay). My Sky should have about 5-6,000 miles when the redline arrives and if I could be guaranteed the redline would be 34-35,000 I would sell and buy the redline. I still think it is going to take another $10k over the conventional sky to get the redline out the door. (yes, me "eldeeko predicts")

1 - 9 of 9 Posts