Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed or replaced the Saturn emblem on the hood, trunk or storage compartment between the seats. I can’t find any recent posts on this.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Has anyone removed or replaced the Saturn emblem on the hood, trunk or storage compartment between the seats. I can’t find any recent posts on this.
I've done it. The grill looks awful without the bar. I painted mine.
It looked great for a while, but the paint started chipping, even with proper prep.
Spray cans are better suited for grafitti.

·
Registered
18,107 Posts
An easy way to change the color of the logo...buy electrical tape...any color and then cut it with a sharpy...it makes a perfect makeover. In the old days u could have purchased one already cut to each section of the logo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if a decal could be cut out using one of those fancy decal making machines that are so popular right now. Circuit machine???

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wonder if a decal could be cut out using one of those fancy decal making machines that are so popular right now. Circuit machine???
This is what I did

Attachments

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
This is carbon fiber look Vinyl. Tony @ASAP graphics was selling these. I think he may be back in business but I’m not sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
Modifying the Saturn emblem/logo/badges can be tastefully done,
as are these examples here done by some of our owners.
Removing the badges/emblems is a different matter- a personal choice by the owner.
Leave it stock, leave it alone as the OEM version or change it up some, it is my car after all not the factory or dealers anymore.

I have removed all outside badges, with the exception of the Saturn logo in fake chrome grill insert in the front.
Sleek and smooth with little evidence for the masses as to what this car is actually.
The results can be hilarious as they try and find out- or ask THE question "Hey buddy what is that car?"

I did remove the center emblem between the seats.
Outside of the front emblem- the steering wheel emblem remains as does the word SKY in the seats as to it's true identity. Even then some people are confused when seeing it.
That's.. a Saturn? No way- prove it. I had no idea Saturn made a car like this. Still happens
to this day- my recent gas station interaction with the clueless is proof.

Your name is on the title- do what you want to it- or do nothing to it.
I have retained all removed parts including the plastic engine cover for the "next owner" should he decide to return it back to the stock look.

LAC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts