Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased the Sky and received the supplier or employee discount? Just found this site and it says the Sky is eligible for the supplier discount. Does anyone know if dealers have to honor this?

https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/ip-gmsupplier/

Select Vehicle Eligibility from the pull down menu.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guess I answered my own question.

Can I receive this discount from any GM Dealer?
This program is available through all participating U.S. GM Dealers and is voluntary on the part of the dealers. Dealer participation is on a vehicle line basis. Please inform your dealer of your intention to use the GM Supplier Discount during your first contact with your dealer. If your dealer elects not to participate, you may visit another GM Dealer.

If it's voluntary, I doubt any dealers are taking it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
I have not bought my Sky yet (it's on order) but I will be using the discount. :thumbs: :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
My original salesman (who had left since I put my deposit down) told me that we could not use the Supplier discount on the Sky. But, now with a new salesman, I will certainly give it another try!! :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
They are not discounting the Sky, the only "freebees" (if your dealer honors it) is the $400. in free add ons for being a Costco member. My dealer does do it, but not all will. Check with your individual dealer. good luck :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
discount

hey tjfox, if you can get the discount let me know. I put my $500.00 deposit down and brought up my discount twice to my salesman before I got an email from the Internet Manager informing me that there would be no employee discount. I canceled my order and went in search of the non-existant dealership who would honor my discount - at least in the midwest.
I eventually went back because of course I had to have the car. They were kind enough to let me have my spot in line back which was nice.
GM offers the discount but it is up to the individual dealerships as to whether they will accept - it which I have yet to find. - Good Luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
It's not eligible for employee discount, so you will not receive a supplier discount for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
After further review

Didn't realize that it was up to the dealer to honor the discount thought it was a GM Corp. discount (never used it before). I will still ask about it but agree it will most likely be a "no". Just another worthless thing offered by GM and my company as a benefit to their employees.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
belletire

I LOVE that avatar...

"Lane Meyer...truly a spectacle to behold...language lessons...wise words from a man who knows how to ski."

I love that movie!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
I was told by the salesman at one of the St. Louis dealers that the Sky is not eligible for the supplier/employee discount. But I will shop around some and keep asking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
snowtop57 said:
I was told by the salesman at one of the St. Louis dealers that the Sky is not eligible for the supplier/employee discount. But I will shop around some and keep asking.
to those saying it is not eligible... I have heard from multiple dealers in my area and from the dealers who frequent this site, and have links to GM sites saying that it IS eligible.
The problem, as some have stated, is finding a dealer that will honor it. It is up to the dealership themselves if they want to allow you to use it or not. So these dealers who are telling you its not an option are either wrong or they mean its not an option with them.
My dealer told me that if its available then they will honor it but everytime I have brought it up over the last 3 months, he dodges the question and says "I'll have to speak with the owner of the dealership" and then I never hear back. I don't think you'll find any dealer right now that will honor it. There is an entire thread about this here---

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2568&highlight=employee
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1905&highlight=employee
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2151&highlight=employee
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
Back in January I went to our company website to apply for a Supplier Discount. It would not allow me to pick the SKY. Just a couple of weeks ago we got invited to look at the new Supplier Discounts now available. This time SKY was listed. I got a number -- but it IS voluntary. We will see when I FINALLY get my lil Sunni.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
When I was looking at the Sky at my local dealer, a gentleman was there as well. He was saying that he gets the employee pricing on it. The salesman was right there and didn't say that was not true or anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
agirltrucker said:
They are not discounting the Sky, the only "freebees" (if your dealer honors it) is the $400. in free add ons for being a Costco member. My dealer does do it, but not all will. Check with your individual dealer. good luck :thumbs:
My dealer does it but no incentives with the Sky. Dealer has to do what the owner says.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
My dealer in N. Cali said he would honor the discount. With those you can't figure the savings until they recieve the invoice my car has shipped so I should have more info on it soon. I'll keep you posted and see if he follows through or not. What is the COSTCO discount/gift thingy all about? I've never heard of it, but I am a member so I'd like to ask about it. Plus it gives me another good excuse to call the dealer and slip in the any more info on my car question.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
cjegg said:
My dealer in N. Cali said he would honor the discount. With those you can't figure the savings until they recieve the invoice my car has shipped so I should have more info on it soon. I'll keep you posted and see if he follows through or not. What is the COSTCO discount/gift thingy all about? I've never heard of it, but I am a member so I'd like to ask about it. Plus it gives me another good excuse to call the dealer and slip in the any more info on my car question.
If your dealer participates in it, they will give you $400. off any options you add, exp: window tinting, window edging, sating finish, etc. But like I said, its up to each dealer. Good luck...:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Thanks I'll be calling him later today to see if he'll honor that as well. I'm looking at getting the CAI and that may be enough to convince the wife that I need it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
no employee discounts for anybody. sorry.

remember, technically, the discount only applies to dealer stock. also, any dealership would be (IMO, from a business standpoint) silly to offer it when it is in such high demand.

as far as costco, AAA, etc... discounts, dealers have to pay to participate in that program. sometimes dealers will match anothers dealers price even if they don't actually participate in the program, but not on the Sky. they pay in ordre to generate more traffic for their store, but on a Sky, that does not make any sense since the car is in demand.

but hey, if you can get it (you won't, more than likely) go for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
ykS said:
no employee discounts for anybody. sorry.

remember, technically, the discount only applies to dealer stock. also, any dealership would be (IMO, from a business standpoint) silly to offer it when it is in such high demand.

as far as costco, AAA, etc... discounts, dealers have to pay to participate in that program. sometimes dealers will match anothers dealers price even if they don't actually participate in the program, but not on the Sky. they pay in ordre to generate more traffic for their store, but on a Sky, that does not make any sense since the car is in demand.

but hey, if you can get it (you won't, more than likely) go for it.
I hate to tell you I did, but I did. Dealer is going to give me the Costco discount on the Sky...
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top