Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well. If you ever wondered what a 2018 Sky would look like - check out this video.

Very nice looking car.

I couldn't find one for sale though.

This got me wondering if I should make my car look more modern... A mean look. Like in this video.

Replace my aluminum alloys, install black-power-coated-rims, paint the door handles and paint all that's chrome black.

So far I'm lending toward leaving the alloy wheels and chrome.

And if I get extra cash - to get a smooth-line top.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here is another mean-look Opel GT. The US/Saturn/black/grille on this one is amusing. It says: I'm from America. Get out of my way! I LIKE IT!

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
One more. On this one I would have preferred red door handles, grille and louvers. And the black gloss black.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This concept details what would be a pretty nice car. 2021ish

·
Super Moderator
6,459 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
The silver one looks extremely aerodynamic and easy to wash and detail, but it doesn't tickle me because it lacks character.

The orange one with some changes has potential for me. As it is, not so. There are too many "What Is That?" here and there around the car. But clean them up and you got something.

The single biggest one is the front grille area. At a glance it looks like they didn't complete vehicle assembly. The car resembles a new style Shark vacuum cleaner looking like it's supposed to suck up trash while you drive. Any open mouth design turns me off.

The Mitsubishi Lancer of this vintage is another "open mouth" styling that looks like a carp. Vehicle styling in recent years have gone with the open mouth and I still can't bring myself to appreciating them.

Here is a better depicting carp of the 60's. This one is gasping for air.

What picture looks better, a beautiful woman without emotion, a friendly aura, a gentile smile, or mouth wide open for a teeth cleaning?

Now don't let your sexual fantasies get the better of you here. :sneaky:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Here was the actual concept from Opel in 2018... (Personally I hate it.). . . .
Interesting. I never hated any car. ok ok , maybe, just maybe I hated KARR, the enemy of KITT :)

And btw . . . . Opel is now French and they design much nicer cars !

·
Registered
235 Posts
Any idea since when PSA actually owns Opel? I never read that date anywhere.

·
Super Moderator
6,459 Posts
Any idea since when PSA actually owns Opel? I never read that date anywhere.
Are we talking about this Opel:
Opel Automobile GmbH (German pronunciation: [ˈoːpl̩]), usually shortened to Opel, is a German automobile manufacturer subsidiary of Stellantis since 16 January 2021. It was owned by General Motors from 1929 until 2017 and Groupe PSA from 2017 until 2021. ... Opel is still headquartered in Rüsselsheim am Main.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well. If you ever wondered what a 2018 Sky would look like - check out this video.

Very nice looking car.

I couldn't find one for sale though.

This got me wondering if I should make my car look more modern... A mean look. Like in this video.

Replace my aluminum alloys, install black-power-coated-rims, paint the door handles and paint all that's chrome black.

So far I'm lending toward leaving the alloy wheels and chrome.

And if I get extra cash - to get a smooth-line top.
Hi!
You can’t find one because they don’t exist! The promo was CG. I agree it’s pretty cool!

·
Registered
18,029 Posts
Even if it did....that would not be a SKY....that rear end is from the original Buick Opel Cadet from the early 70s.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts