Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is more of a "for what it's worth" post...From the first my sky seemed to have a small miss it never showed any codes and after I picked up RPM it was gone, any way a friend at the GM plant told me that Saturn had a new tune for the ECM's it is on the 2007 build year SKYs......Called my dealer they looked it up and check,...it said the new tune did not fix any know service problems...but we tried it any way....well no miss, no more hesitation and 29 MPG......it was worth the 10 min to flash it.......Seal9:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Thanks for the info.
What kind of gas milage were you getting pre reflash?
It's probably hard to pin down small changes, but can you add any further description on how it feels after?
Do your mods play into either pre or post flash results?

·
Registered
82 Posts
The new ecm settings are for the '07 models and that's typical for manufacturers to do routinely in succeeding years. it's true of the Solstice also.:)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
The new ecm settings are for the '07 models and that's typical for manufacturers to do routinely in succeeding years. it's true of the Solstice also.:)
Do dealers charge for the reflash? Can it be done when it is in for service? What do I tell the Service Advisor?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Do dealers charge for the reflash? Can it be done when it is in for service? What do I tell the Service Advisor?
Most dealers do it while your car is in for service without telling you. It's part of the service they do usually.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The update for the OS has nothing to do with the Sky actually, it just shares an OS with other vehicles that needed an update ;)

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Thanks, Brentil!!!!!! I don't know what we would without you Buddy!!!!!!
I can always tell when the dealer has flashed my car's system because the radio acts differently each time. :lol: First time the update fixed the back button when in the current song to go to the start of it instead of going to the previous track, and the second time it altered the way the system randomizes songs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I can always tell when the dealer has flashed my car's system because the radio acts differently each time. :lol: First time the update fixed the back button when in the current song to go to the start of it instead of going to the previous track, and the second time it altered the way the system randomizes songs.
Sounds like the dealer was flashing the wrong module ROFL

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sky went in for an oil change this AM in preparation for a road trip to PA later this week. I asked about the ECM refresh since I was noticing black soot in the tailpipe - incidcation to me of running rich. Gas mileage has been OK - 23-26 MPG in mixed driving. The dealer verified and installed a new "power control moduel calibration". It was done free of charge under warranty.

I'll keep you all posted if I notice a difference.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Sky went in for an oil change this AM in preparation for a road trip to PA later this week. I asked about the ECM refresh since I was noticing black soot in the tailpipe - incidcation to me of running rich. Gas mileage has been OK - 23-26 MPG in mixed driving. The dealer verified and installed a new "power control moduel calibration". It was done free of charge under warranty.

Thanks Mike...I'm heading over to my dealer this afternoon for some other issues, but I'm going to bring up this ECM reflash/refresh and see what they tell me. I'm due for my first oil change soon, so will most likely have it done at that time, if they recommend it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've looked on other posts but can't find it, can you please tell me what EMC is? I'd like to tell my dealer to do it before giving me the car. And what they have to do would also be good to know so that I look like I know what I'm talking about.
Thanks

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts

Where you going to pa bud?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Starbright,

The Engine Control Module has a number on different acronums which are all the same thing. Such as ECM or ECU. For everyone on the this website, This is my expertise and I will answer any question I can when it comes to automobile electronics or software. And when necessary, I will correct those people who have been mislead or unimformed.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Now I can't wait to get Missy in for a ECM reflashing. :thumbs:

That is get her reflashed not her flashing anyone.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Most dealers do it while your car is in for service without telling you. It's part of the service they do usually.

This could be a problem, if you have had a "performance tune" done on your ECM...:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Not if your smart enough to buy from a supplier that makes sure dealers cant accidentally overwrite it ;)
LOL :cheers:

GT- you ever going to become a supported vendor over here? Or sticking to the sol forum?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts