Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving back from the son's basketball practice the car beeped at me, displayed ENGINE DISABLED and the engine shut off while going ~ 40 mph down country roads.

Car won't start. Here's the codes:

P0053 - O2 sensor (old code)
P0606 - ECM/PCM (old code)
B2AAA - unknown code
P2135 - Throttle body/pedal position sensor
P1516 - Throttle Actuator Control module

'07 Sky Base, manual.

Other clues: Car occasionally starts up in "limp mode" where you can floor it but it won't accelerate quick and its a little twitchy in first. Generally a 1-in-100 kind of thing. Maybe it was the ECU reacting to a throttle body issue but I've never seen a throttle body code. The car has has the P0606 code for the 3 years I've owned it.

Any ideas? Is it as simple as replacing the throttle body?

philip

·
Registered
12 Posts
start by checking the easy things first, connections. Disconnect the battery negative and just unplug and reseat things like the any throttle body connections and gas pedal in the footwell And inspect it. The o2 could be just that the O2 could be on its way out and you’d need to test the O2 for the right resistance range (I don’t know off hand).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Exactly reprogramming the ECU can be $$$ to do it. You don’t want to be paying for the ECU and the programming and find out it’s one of the less costly components that’s causing the faults.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely checking sensors and wiring first but the ECU from Flagship One is ~$150 and comes programmed (you provide VIN). Plug and play. Hence why I was asking.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ECU arrived yesterday, installed, ran the key learn procedure successfully but is throwing a P0315 (crankshaft relearn procedure). Called up the local GM dealer and they said its $189 programming fee... I'll call around on Monday and see if an independent shop can do it cheaper.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I swapped out the ECU on a 94 SL2 and had a crankshaft relearn code. It took driving about 100 miles before the code went away.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Friend of a coworker had a bidirectional scanner and we ran the procedure in the sky manual, worked!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts