Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I seem to get asked all the time what size engine the Sky has I thought I would put this on my car, you can order the 2.4 emblem from your Saturn parts department, it is on the back of the ION with the 2.4 engine...

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Oh come on, keep the world guessing. The 2.4L motor isn't anything to brag about is it?

·
Registered
18,521 Posts
it may not be something to brag about....but it is under the hood and we bought it...i think it looks nice...i am getting it...thanks for the info

MarlboroMike

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am getting two sets, one for the rear and one for the engine cover, put it right above the "Ecotech VVT" badge
i am going to go this evening and order them, i should have a price to post tonight, along with a part number...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bradyb said:
Oh come on, keep the world guessing. The 2.4L motor isn't anything to brag about is it?
didn't BMW put 2.5 on the back of Z3's?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
but then everyone would know as soon as I started it up,
just turn away a little bit and make "VVVRRROOOMM VVVRROOOOOOM" sounds as you start it, they'll never know the difference! :jester:

·
Registered
18,521 Posts
ordered mine today...14 dollars and change..any suggestions on it's location...maybe it should be on the other side...it does look nice under the sky....not sure....

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
marlboromike said:
ordered mine today...14 dollars and change..any suggestions on it's location...maybe it should be on the other side...it does look nice under the sky....not sure....
what i will do is try it in both locations with clear tape and take pictures of it and post them, when are yours supposed to come in, mine are supposed to be here wednesday...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Um, must we bicker over it? Everyone will customize their car how they see fit. I see no problem putting the 2.4 on the back of the Sky. It's on the 2.4L Ion's after all. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fformula88 said:
Um, must we bicker over it? Everyone will customize their car how they see fit. I see no problem putting the 2.4 on the back of the Sky. It's on the 2.4L Ion's after all. :cheers:
that is where I got my idea from.... :thumbs:

·
Registered
727 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
that is where I got my idea from.... :thumbs:
Yep! :cheers:

It certainly wouldn't be the first time either. Many cars in the past have had their engine displacements displayed as a badge on the body. "5.0" Mustangs, Jeep Wrangler's have had "4.0" badges in the past. 2004 GTO's have a 5.7L badge, 05-06 GTO's carry a 6.0L. A '79 Trans Am has a 6.6 Liter badge on the shaker scoop, some past GM cars had 3.1L EFI badges, 3.4L badges, some 3.8L cars had "3800" badges, Audi's and VW's have 2.5, 1.8T and 2.0T badges.

In fact, many luxury cars have their model names displaying their displacement. Such as BMW's (325I for the 2.5L 3 series), Mercedes C230 (2.3L), etc.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Fformula88 said:

It certainly wouldn't be the first time either. Many cars in the past have had their engine displacements displayed as a badge on the body. "5.0" Mustangs, Jeep Wrangler's have had "4.0" badges in the past. 2004 GTO's have a 5.7L badge, 05-06 GTO's carry a 6.0L. A '79 Trans Am has a 6.6 Liter badge on the shaker scoop, some past GM cars had 3.1L EFI badges, 3.4L badges, some 3.8L cars had "3800" badges, Audi's and VW's have 2.5, 1.8T and 2.0T badges.

In fact, many luxury cars have their model names displaying their displacement. Such as BMW's (325I for the 2.5L 3 series), Mercedes C230 (2.3L), etc.
Do you have this stuff in your head or do you have to look it up? Impressed again.

·
Registered
727 Posts
HotSky said:
Do you have this stuff in your head or do you have to look it up? Impressed again.
Thats all off the top of my head... :lol:

I know WAY too much about vehicles! :willy: I didn't really have any examples of import brands since I have generally been less interested in them, although I am sure there are examples there too.

·
Registered
18,521 Posts
SKYMAN..they said i should have it Tuesday....will post my pic when installed...by the way, is it just a stick on or will i have to drill a hole with the stick on tape?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
marlboromike said:
SKYMAN..they said i should have it Tuesday....will post my pic when installed...by the way, is it just a stick on or will i have to drill a hole with the stick on tape?
should just stick on with the tape...
:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fformula88 said:

go on back to the 60's and all the Chevys had the displacement on the front fender, (except corvettes, unless you include the 427's in 67-74)
even the little 6 cylinder chevyII and camaros had a badge on them...
my 87 S-10 pickup had a 2.5 badge just below the left headlight...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I like the badge idea. I love the muscle car era vehicles. I prefer the 2.4 badge over a 145c.i. badge. I will consider adding one or three to my Sky if i do'nt fallow thru on a Redline.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
marlboromike said:
Did ya get it yet? i haven;t got mine, but right now i don;t even have my Sky :(

·
Registered
18,521 Posts
SKYMAN...it's your car! do what u please...I am with you, putting it on my silver pearl. It is a nice addition....today is Thursday. It still hasn't arrived..my badging of course.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.