Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, everyone got in my car today.Drove to exercise class came out, and started car and engine light came on?....last time they said gas cap. Well this time I didn't even put gas in her? so I check the cap anyways no good. Off to the dealership again....hummmmmm:mad:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
:agree:

Press your Blue OnStar button and they can tell you why the light is on!!!

Regards,

BA...

·
Super Moderator
11,587 Posts
I must agree with the above two posts. If it is a fuel evap issue (99 out of 100 this means gas cap) then I would take it into the dealer and have them replace the gas cap IF you haven't gotten gas since the last time this came on. It could be that you have a defective cap. Usually though this light comes on after you get gas...

HOWEVER...do not ASSUME it's the gas cap. Call OnStar and find out for certain.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I must agree with the above two posts. If it is a fuel evap issue (99 out of 100 this means gas cap) then I would take it into the dealer and have them replace the gas cap IF you haven't gotten gas since the last time this came on. It could be that you have a defective cap. Usually though this light comes on after you get gas...

HOWEVER...do not ASSUME it's the gas cap. Call OnStar and find out for certain.
Yeah, it might be a spider :lol: --> http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6099

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:agree:

Press your Blue OnStar button and they can tell you why the light is on!!!

Regards,

BA...

Well ya know, thats the first thing I did! was talk to "onstar", They couldn't pin-point a major problem, told me to wait 7 days and keep checking my gas cap? but the engine light on, thats what bugs me.....:willy:

·
Registered
900 Posts
My check engine light came on a few weeks back. took her in and they found carbon build up in the catylitac converter. They replaced it and she good as new.:thumbs: If I'm not mistaken, I've read a couple of other threads in the past where other Sky's had the same problem. Until they run a diagnostic test on it you'll never know for sure. Good Luck.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Geph for that suggestion. Heading out the door as we speak......to the dealer I will mention that......:thumbs:

·
Registered
945 Posts
gas cap reset can take several days to kick in.

do NOT fill tank past check point (no top up) and three clicks on the cap to tighten

happened once in the beginning on my SOL...nothing since...'cause I tighten the cap three clicks

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
well everyone, back from the dealership,check diag....nothing specific, replaced gas cap(with my suggestions from the forum, of course)....Service mrg said he will keep an open file....pending the out come of this service call? next test would be keeping the car overnight to test it when it is cold, something regarding the gas tank, smoke etc??????:confused: ...i have a feelin this will work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just picked up my Redline from the service department, they said there were five listed errors all related to misfire. They called the main service tech at Saturn/GM and was told the problem was probably due to moisture in the cooler system typically caused by the weather. They cleaned it out and checked all the electrical connections tied to it, then they reset the engine light and test drove it about thirty miles. The problem seemed to be fixed but they did say that because they could not see how the moisture had made it's way into the system, that it could happen again, but it wasn't anything to worry about since it did not affect the performance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Personally, every time I would go to Citgo or 7-eleven I would get a check engine light on. I stopped going there and have rarely seen the problem. Watch the gas stations you go to. My observation is that most misfires are caused by poor fuel or excessive moisture in the gas. Oxygenated fuels contain ethanol. Ethanol attracts water vapor and you end up with water in your fuel tank. Ethanol in your fuel is purely political. Poor fuel economy, lousy horsepower and they charge more more it when it cost the gas stations less. By the way, for those of you purchasing premium fuels, shady gas stations boost the octane numbers by increasing the ethanol content. You end up with higher octane, more water in your tank, poor fuel economy, poor performance and the occasional check engine light. :banghead:

Sorry, just my $.02 worth.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I recently got a check engine light. Onstar said it could be either a O2 sensor or cat. The dealer replaced the sensor first, then after the light came back on they replaced the cat. all is good since.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts