Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any good leads on polyurethane engine mounts?

I can get OEM ones for $20-40 each. I don't want OEM. I want nice and stiff.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Anyone have any good leads on polyurethane engine mounts?

I can get OEM ones for $20-40 each. I don't want OEM. I want nice and stiff.
Would like some quality mounts too. OEM ones are crap. Mine were both broken after 70,000 km. I have replaced them with made in China crap, which are probably not going to last for long either.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Would like some quality mounts too. OEM ones are crap. Mine were both broken after 70,000 km. I have replaced them with made in China crap, which are probably not going to last for long either.
Have you looked at many of the original factory parts? Made in China. That's where you original mounts may well have come from. Things like the wheels certainly did.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I believe there was a post on the Solstice forum a couple of years ago about a member that had some poly mounts he makes for sale. Maybe selling them thru Facebook.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
54 Posts
I found a poly transmission mount!!!!!

So, as i understand, it is not for Opel GTs since they all have the torque arm?

·
Super Moderator
11,445 Posts
Talk to Brian Cooper of Kappa Haus. He has a website but it is far from up to date. I find him on Facebook. He makes a set of poly mounts for our cars.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Kappahaus.com has some.
Hey Talis....you didn't happen to race N2K3 online back about 10 years ago did you? The reason I ask is I raced in a league, and we had a guy that went by the same name...just curious.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program....

·
Registered
985 Posts
If changing engine mounts from rubber to polymer, is there a noticeable increase in engine vibration? There are enough rattles and such. I would be concerned of amplifying them.

·
Registered
589 Posts
If changing engine mounts from rubber to polymer, is there a noticeable increase in engine vibration? There are enough rattles and such. I would be concerned of amplifying them.
If you get kilmat or something similar and put it on your floor, it'll take care of 75% of most of those squeaks. When I did my complete stereo redo, I did this. 2 boxes (40lbs) of kilmat put on the floor and some of the doors and backwall.

Reactions: Super Serg

·
Registered
316 Posts
From personal experience polymer mounts last longer, enhanced road feel and a slight increase in road noise and vibration. On some applications we did notice a squeak and they did cost more than the rubber mounts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts