Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About once a week when I try to start the engine on my 2007 Sky all the warning lights come on at full intensity but the starter does not crank. I've had the car since 2007 and this just started in the last month.

There's no sound at all. No starter solenoid clicking, and nothing from the starter. After turning the key off and back-on a few times, the engine starts fine. I've researched other comments on the forum and the anti-theft system is sometimes mentioned. My key fob does not work so I always lock/unlock the car manually. (The Chevy dealer quoted $600 to replace the unit.) Is it possible the anti-theft system is inhibiting the engine start? The car's going into the shop next week and I'll have them check all the connections and battery which is only two years old and starts the car instantly when everything's working. What else might be causing this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After posting my comment I got lots of previous posts. One mentioned the clutch not being fully depressed. I tried this and unless the clutch is fully depressed the engine didn't start. I'm guessing this is the problem. We'll see.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Yes, a number of folks have had issues with the clutch switch.

BTW, the anti-theft system (if triggered) will stop the car from starting, but it WON'T stop the engine turning over.

·
Registered
223 Posts
About once a week when I try to start the engine on my 2007 Sky all the warning lights come on at full intensity but the starter does not crank. I've had the car since 2007 and this just started in the last month.

There's no sound at all. No starter solenoid clicking, and nothing from the starter. After turning the key off and back-on a few times, the engine starts fine. I've researched other comments on the forum and the anti-theft system is sometimes mentioned. My key fob does not work so I always lock/unlock the car manually. (The Chevy dealer quoted $600 to replace the unit.) Is it possible the anti-theft system is inhibiting the engine start? The car's going into the shop next week and I'll have them check all the connections and battery which is only two years old and starts the car instantly when everything's working. What else might be causing this?

Thanks for any suggestions.
I don't think your fob not working would cause a problem starting the car. What's exactly wrong with the key fob, is it just not working when you press the buttons? Is it the key fob that is broken or the receiving module? If it's the fob there is a couple of fixes that are fairly simple. Usually the fob just needs the battery connections re-soldered if the solder points have broken. If that doesn't work you can usually find it for $55 bucks on Amazon and comes with one remote. Although right now it looks like it's out of stock.

·
Registered
495 Posts
After posting my comment I got lots of previous posts. One mentioned the clutch not being fully depressed. I tried this and unless the clutch is fully depressed the engine didn't start. I'm guessing this is the problem. We'll see.
Yes...I just had all of my interior out of my car. And when I put the carpet back in, I left it bunched just a little under the clutch. Literally I had 1" of carpet that wouldn't let the clutch go to the floor and it wouldn't start. The start neutral switch is so sensative!!! As you found out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts