Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He is a patient at the Dallas VA Hospital. Great medical treatment and respect to boot. He is battling an infection in his neck where he had an old cervical fusion. Tests were done to determine if he had an infection, he does, and today's & yesterday's bone scans were to determine if the infection is in the bones. He has a steel plate c2-c7 where they fused his vertabrae. If bone proves to be infected, then he will have to have surgery to remove the plate because bone will not heal with hardware in it. The good side is he has had the fusion long enough that the bones have fused and the plate will be no longer needed. The nuclear injection he received was to highlight the area in question for the tests to be administered. Last week they drew a large amount of blood and extracted the white cells and bombarded them with nuclear stuff and reinjected them into his body for a scan. Yesterday they injected him with some more to scan the bones. I really glow in the dark and the radium dial on his watch is sure bright. He hopes to get and drive his Redline before surgery because he will not be able to for awhile afterwards.

He didn't want to post this, but I coerced him into allowing me the honor of posting it.

ERNEST, from all of us, we sincerely wish you well. We welcome you to the Kappa community and hope your ownership begins REAL soon!

Ernest, I can't believe I had to hear this from Gizmo. But thought I would pass on the info !!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
:thumbs: I'm sure everyone on this forum will agree with me when I say
We All are hoping that everything goes Well, and that Ernest is soon to be riding around in a New Redline!!!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for the update

Yup, we're all pulling for Ernest.
Years ago, I had a chance to meet some of the folks at the Dallas VA. It is one of the best in the country. No doubt about that.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I am an outpatient at this time,. however surgery is imminent I am sure, but I have been at the VA so much lately I should be ab inpatient. Keep supporting me my family members, your powers work!!!! I lover you all. GOD Bless

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ernest
If you ever need any care Johns Hopkins could offer let me know My brother is a Dean over there! Get better soon!

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
We are here for you ol' buddy... You will be OK soon!!! :grouphug:

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
take care of yourself good buddy...we love u...by the way, do we we need lead shields around your posts...I thought that was funny...:lol:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Even though I am relatively new here, Ernest has always answered my ????'s. I thought of him last Thursday, thinking he was going to have his scan on Friday. Thanks Deluke for sharing with us. My prayers are with you and your family, Ernest. After waiting so long for your R/L, I can't believe you will have to wait again. But your health is so important and Mayhem will be waiting for you. I imagine your excitement to get your baby this week. I'm so jealous!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ernest
Fellow VA buddy.... you're in good hands. :yesnod: Trust in God to help pull you through. My family prays for you. :grouphug: :thumbs:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Our prayers are with you ernest.......

·
Registered
248 Posts
HANG IN THERE BUDDY!:thumbs:

·
Registered
92 Posts
My prayers are with you.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Giddy up GO!

Keep the faith Earnest....I too had cervical surgery about 6 years ago and so far I'm fine. I will be watching your progression and before you know it, you'll be blasting down the freeway in that RL. Wish mine was being delivered.

Good luck and may God bless.:angel:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Earnest, Get well soon.....Everybody's Praying for you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ernest,

Our prayers are with you. Sounds like you're getting great care. I think everything's going to work out just fine. Your friends will help you get through this. If not, the REDLINE surely will (lol)!

And hey, its too damn hot to do much anything in Arlington right now. Soon you'll be playing around in your Sky(s) and it'll be well UNDER 100-- degrees!

God bless!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ernest your in good hands and with all the prayers coming your way, you'll be back in action in no time. Can't wait to see pictures of you in your RL. Take care my friend and God speed.
Theresa

·
Registered
444 Posts
We are all praying & thinking about you Ernest!

Get well soon buddy!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts