Saturn Sky Forum banner

ESC Traction Control Light

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Robotech 
#1 ·
I have an 08 Redline with approx. 31,000 miles. I have recently been getting the "Service ESC Traction Control" light coming on. It comes on intermittently and clears every time the engine is turned off. I took it to a GM dealer and they told me the ESC module needed to be replaced to the tune of $2000, $1300 for parts and $700 for labor. Has anyone else encountered this type of issue. How hard is the module to replace yourself?

Thanks in Adavance!

#3 ·
Check to make sure that you all of the lines going into your calipers are tight. I had a loose line going into my right rear and would have never thought about it except for the fact that I had brake fluid running down my tire one day at work. It can cause the system to bleed off and get an ESC and brake light.

#5 ·
I'd like to add that you need to check all your wheel hub connections too. It's just a simple pigtail but be sure the wires look in good shape and the plugs are fully seated.

Also, did the dealer give you a print out of the error code from the ESC module? They throw codes just like an ECM and if you have it, you can look up on the intranet what that code means.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.