Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife and I were heading out to eat Friday evening and low and behold the Alamo Area Corvette club was having a drive in there. So, since we were in the Sky, bumsky2 had mentioned to me about meeting with one of the local Vette club members who expressed an interest in the Sky, and owning a '71 Vette I decided to stop. My wife just :rolleyes:. :lol:

We chatted with the folks for awhile about Vettes especially since I am getting ready to restore mine (possibly frame off), and went to eat. When we came back to leave we put the Sky top down and pulled out through the Vette group, and it was then that several of the club members asked about the Sky, and said what a great looking car it is. The president included, saying "and it is made by GM." I, of course replied, "yep, by Saturn!" He replied, "if you do decide to join the club we'd have no problem if you drive the Sky along with us.":cool:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
TexSon said:
My wife and I were heading out to eat Friday evening and low and behold the Alamo Area Corvette club was having a drive in there. So, since we were in the Sky, bumsky2 had mentioned to me about meeting with one of the local Vette club members who expressed an interest in the Sky, and owning a '71 Vette I decided to stop. My wife just :rolleyes:. :lol:

We chatted with the folks for awhile about Vettes especially since I am getting ready to restore mine (possibly frame off), and went to eat. When we came back to leave we put the Sky top down and pulled out through the Vette group, and it was then that several of the club members asked about the Sky, and said what a great looking car it is. The president included, saying "and it is made by GM." I, of course replied, "yep, by Saturn!" He replied, "if you do decide to join the club we'd have no problem if you drive the Sky along with us.":cool:
I agree, Saturday at the Bristol speedway drive the track event, i was in with a bunch of corvettes, they all came to look at my car, and said it was a really hot looking car, but how fast was it... i said fast enough for me :) then went out on the track and ran with the big boys...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Handling is better too, or at least better than on my '71. :lol: I went around a corner and goosed the Vette like I do the Sky and it fishtailed like a shark after a blood trail. :willy: Of course, the Vette does have 35 year old technology, 20 year old tires, and 100 more hp. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts