Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a somewhat disappointing and confusing conversation with my dealer, and since this process may apply to those receiving their cars on the west coast, I'm posting it here.

My car went to event code 42 on March 4. My dealer, speaking with the "higher ups" was told that to expect it to take 14 to 19 days (which is today) to make its way from Delaware to Seattle.

Today (March 23) my dealer received the official invoice, which is event code 41?!? This has my full VIN as well as the day the "flooring" will begin. It also has the REAL day that my car actually left Delaware which was March 15, a full 11 days after it hit event code 42. What exactly happened during those 11 days is unknown. Do they have to wait for enough "west coast" cars to fill up a couple of box cars before they actually ship it? - who knows

Evidently flooring is when Saturn officially feels that the car will be on the showroom floor and therefore the date that the dealer must start making payments on it. My "flooring" date is April 5 (ugh :skep: ), a full 32 days after the car came off of the assembly line.:brentil:

It's obviously a bit disappointing after having THIS week etched into my brain since March 4, but as Ernest says, it'll come when its supposed to come.

All in all though, I still love my dealership. They all seemed more disappointed than I about the delay -- nice to have them in your corner. They also are setting up an official something "nice" for me the day I pick up the car, with some high fallutin' corporate types coming in.

I guess its back to the alcohol:cheers: for a couple of more weeks and drooling:drool: on the screen looking at other peoples pictures.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
JayZ said:
Just had a somewhat disappointing and confusing conversation with my dealer, and since this process may apply to those receiving their cars on the west coast, I'm posting it here.

My car went to event code 42 on March 4. My dealer, speaking with the "higher ups" was told that to expect it to take 14 to 19 days (which is today) to make its way from Delaware to Seattle.

Today (March 23) my dealer received the official invoice, which is event code 41?!? This has my full VIN as well as the day the "flooring" will begin. It also has the REAL day that my car actually left Delaware which was March 15, a full 11 days after it hit event code 42. What exactly happened during those 11 days is unknown. Do they have to wait for enough "west coast" cars to fill up a couple of box cars before they actually ship it? - who knows

Evidently flooring is when Saturn officially feels that the car will be on the showroom floor and therefore the date that the dealer must start making payments on it. My "flooring" date is April 5 (ugh :skep: ), a full 32 days after the car came off of the assembly line.:brentil:

It's obviously a bit disappointing after having THIS week etched into my brain since March 4, but as Ernest says, it'll come when its supposed to come.

All in all though, I still love my dealership. They all seemed more disappointed than I about the delay -- nice to have them in your corner. They also are setting up an official something "nice" for me the day I pick up the car, with some high fallutin' corporate types coming in.

I guess its back to the alcohol:cheers: for a couple of more weeks and drooling:drool: on the screen looking at other peoples pictures.
I wouldn't expect a lot of sympothy, especially from us Canadians. You know your car is on the way and that you should have it in a short while. You will have been driving your car for over a month before the Canadian launch of the car and there is no way of knowing how long after that we can expect our cars.

Sorry I'm sure you've been waiting a long time for your car as well but CHEAR UP! Your car is on the way. Celebrate the glass is half full! You'll have your car in time to enjoy the nice spring weather. Many of us have no promise that we will even get our Sky's before the fall.

So Kick back and celebrate. And remember to get lots of pictures of your car! Especially if it's a Chili Pepper Red Sky with a tan roof and tan interior. And if it is and it has chrome wheels and a spoiler remember to PM me to warn me those photos are on the way.

Congrats on your about to be delivered SKY!:thumbs:

·
Registered
274 Posts
hey i feel your pain ....

my dealer is worst .... is saying that he doesn't have an invoice... but he is sure that is shipped....

come on ... it needs to go to 41 before 42 ...

i think he wants to keep it a few days on the dealer

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Hey, I can understand your frustration, but can't exactly feel too sorry for you, because at least you have the VIN and know the car is headed your way! :cheers: The rest of us are still going :willy: and :banghead: with anxiety and impatience.:mad:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
You guys still have it like "10 billion times" (inside joke) easier then we had it. The dates really don't mean much either. Cars seem to be shipping pretty quickly so you probably don't have long to wait.

·
Registered
120 Posts
redkeygunsky

At least the Sky is getting closer. You will have yours a lot sooner than most of us.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Well... when i called my salesman yesterday, he and the GM were on the phone with me and stated that the status codes really dont mean that much since he just got his vin a week ago and the car was actually shipped a few days ahead of that..... and it didnt show shipped ..... ugh....but, will be there any day..... SkyBaby-07

they also said to not worry too much since my car will probably be here sooner than they expected.. just dont want to say a date to me.... for the life of me, i have NO IDEA WHY.....CERTAINLY NOT BECAUSE I AM IMPATIENT.... of course not...... CANT BE THAT.... hehehe

·
Registered
39 Posts
Which Dealer

Who is your Sky dealer, as there is no Saturn dealership in Seattle. Not sure about the rules on posting dealer names so I will just say mine is South of Seattle on River Rd. I live in Ocean Shores so it's hard for me to stop in and bug my salesman about the status of my Sky. When I talked to my salesman a while back he said their demo and #1 car were built and should be in "soon"!!!! How long is "soon"????????
Peeksdad
#4 and waiting

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
:brentil: Check this out... Our first image is at 050 (Received by Dealer) and we have NOT received ANYTHING as of right now!!! :banghead:

Any day now though!!!!!!! :cheers:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TexSon said:
Hey, I can understand your frustration, but can't exactly feel too sorry for you, because at least you have the VIN and know the car is headed your way! :cheers: The rest of us are still going :willy: and :banghead: with anxiety and impatience.:mad:
I'm certainly not looking for sympathy as I realize that I'm lucky to be receiving my Sky soon. However, I am trying to support what others are saying about the unreliability of the information we are getting from the dealers and the fact that its not necessarily the dealers fault as they are just trying to pass along the information (sometimes faulty) that they are getting as best they can.

Bottom line, never get your hopes too far up no matter what the data tells you.:deadhorse

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
peeksdad said:
Who is your Sky dealer, as there is no Saturn dealership in Seattle. Not sure about the rules on posting dealer names so I will just say mine is South of Seattle on River Rd. I live in Ocean Shores so it's hard for me to stop in and bug my salesman about the status of my Sky. When I talked to my salesman a while back he said their demo and #1 car were built and should be in "soon"!!!! How long is "soon"????????
Peeksdad
#4 and waiting
I PM'd my dealership information to you. My dealership shares its buying power with two others in the region and has therefore combined the deposit lists for all three for their ordering sequence. I believe your dealership is separate from these three.

My dealers' demo came off of the factory line 2 days after mine. Assuming your dealers demo doesn't have something with a specific restriction that may add delay (auto transmission, red interior, chrome wheels), I would assume that they will be getting their car about the same time we will get ours, first week or two of April.

Then again -- you never know for sure.:nono:

·
Registered
483 Posts
My car arrived so fast that the MSO hasn't arrived yet! :rolleyes: They can't sell it to me until that comes... sheesh.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
skl8260 said:
My car arrived so fast that the MSO hasn't arrived yet! :rolleyes: They can't sell it to me until that comes... sheesh.

What was your timeline?.. SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
:brentil: Check this out... Our first image is at 050 (Received by Dealer) and we have NOT received ANYTHING as of right now!!! :banghead:

Any day now though!!!!!!! :cheers:

Regards,

did you got the invoice at least?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
azote said:
did you got the invoice at least?
We have had the invoice since last Wednesday!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
It probably shows 050 like mine does, that is Ithink, becauswe it no longer belongs to the palntbut to the dealer. When it leaves Boxwood it belongs to the dealer. I have both invoice and at 500 Transit EVT50 Applied 3/17/06

·
Registered
138 Posts
another canadian crying in my wine tonight--( a very nice velletri from italy) oh well, back to the wine celler. when can i order my sky?????????????????
by

·
Registered
483 Posts
SkyBaby said:
What was your timeline?.. SkyBaby-07
The car wasn't supposed to arrive until late next week. I hope the papers arrive before then, because this is worse torture than waiting for the car to arrive :willy: .

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
her sky said:
another canadian crying in my wine tonight--( a very nice velletri from italy) oh well, back to the wine celler. when can i order my sky?????????????????
by
Classy! I'll be leaving shortly to enjoy a mediocre Budweiser from 7-11!

·
Registered
389 Posts
skl8260 said:
The car wasn't supposed to arrive until late next week. I hope the papers arrive before then, because this is worse torture than waiting for the car to arrive :willy: .
At least you can sit in your Sky in the meantime. :cheers:
I will be so glad when mine finally comes in the first thing I will want to do is hug it...lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.