Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all. Lets get real here!

Everyone wants to know when they are getting it, when will it arrive, etc., etc., etc.,

People on this site who "know" people, give us a "hint" of the problem, and expect redline owners who already have them to not "worry." Well let me tell you I think that is cruel, if you have facts, create another screen name and tell us the problem. Some of us are driving around in "problem" cars and we are told not to "worry"............makes a lot of sense. And the best one yet is, "its covered"..thats even better.

Instead of everyone asking all the, "Where are they," we should DEMAND that the people responsible for stating these "facts" either keep their traps shut, and/or tell us the real reason for the delay.

water in the engine, water out of the engine, rain storms, car running rich, computer refigured, etc., etc,whats going on.

TELL US THE FACTS. Talk to the insiders some of you say you know...........and truly help us. And stop wasting our time creating fear. Yea, I know, first test car, expect problems, yea, yea, yea!

Do early cars have all the problems ?, cars delivered after that, "some of the problems?....cars just shipped, "less problems?...............a $30,000 price tag.......at least ........investment, makes me happy. Oh, I forgot, its covered by a warranty.........

So, "how many are coming out this week"...seems the most major concern on this site it seems..

Your kidding............................ RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!

I know you mean well.....but, really!
If you want to take on the responsibly of starting it, then finish helping some of us.

SO, TELL US WHATS GOING ON, THE SAME GUY WHO TOLD YOU ALL THIS:

TALK TO HIM AGAIN...!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
First let me say that, as you can see in my Signature, I'm also waiting for a RedLine. There are somethings that we know and we post here to "help the folks here calm down and have faith" but, there are other things that we know that can NOT be divulged to the general public. There are rules and regulations here against Insider Information and such, so you can't ask us to divulge things we can't. There are also rules here about changing your screen-name and posting as someone else. There are other powers at play here, for example, someone loosing their job for posting "insider information" here. Would that be "fair" for that person? To loose its ability to make a living so that you can feel better about your vehicle order? I don't think so.

I would suggest you take a couple of :chill: :chill: and calm down a bit. We don't have to do this but we do it anyways, only for your benefit. Don't give us a hard time for doing everything we can to keep you all informed. :nono:

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks for wasting my time.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
I, for one, am very thankful for the information that I have received here. Many of the members of the forum have helped out the dealerships they are working with as a result of information that is found here daily.

I don't want anyone to endanger their job or cross any ethical lines for the sake of satisfying my curiosisty or ending my frustrations. We have no right to expect that of anyone!

The Sky and the Solstice are both beautiful cars, that is why we are all interested in them! If there are problems, the dealerships have a responsibility to help correct those problems.

*stepping of of edited soapbox*

Thank you and come again - I'm playing all week!

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
:agree: :agree:

Life is to short to get all bent out of shape over what in reality is a small delay in getting a car, every new car design has some things that have to be worked out. No one can assemble a few thousand parts and build a whole new car and expect every thing to work flawlessly the first time, kick back relax and let the factory work things out. It's sorta like watching water waiting for it to boil, or a pregnant women and waiting for the new baby. No mater what you say or do it happens when it happens :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
You tell him...

I would suggest you take a couple of :chill: :chill: and calm down a bit. We don't have to do this but we do it anyways, only for your benefit. Don't give us a hard time for doing everything we can to keep you all informed. :nono:

Regards,

BA...
Here here. Well said. You just keep doing it the way you been doing it Sky Spy, Spag, deluke and others.

I for one appreciate the info you can divulge.

Can't say it it doesn't make for good drama however.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
great..makes more sense

If you are going to spy..then spy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe a whistle blower is what is needed here. I am sure the FBI is going to get involved and get someone fired for the "truth". Just more, yea, yea, yea,

How many of hundreds of people work for saturn? Do you really think they can find this "so called person". Ethics, yea..having another screen name...your kidding....Just more rubbish from people who are thinking they are helping but have owners worried about the car, makes a lot of sense to me.

So lets all keep playing this game, when is the report out, 0 national, etc, etc, etc,...we are adults here who have paid well earned cash for this car.

Not to even mentioned the safety of my wife and kids.because who REALLY knows whats going on......or do you!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Well, being an administrator both here and solsticeforum, I've seen the ugly results reasonably close. It has happened here (confidential pictures that are mysteriously removed by the poster, early information that the poster removes...)

and it has definitely happened at solsticeforum. One of our fav guys over there, ol' 'dog (deluke - you know who I'm talking about ), and even a more recent 'leaker' were found out and disciplined. We weren't contacted about it, didn't provide any information, and didn't know until I start getting questions like "how do I delete myself from the forum?"

Then, you know the poster got into trouble...

SKY spy is right on - and some stuff that those of us with contacts are told, are told information IN CONFIDENCE. If I leaked what I knew, when I was told very specific information in confidence, I would NOT have the number of industry-wide contacts I have today...

You'll know soon enough, I'd imagine, what the delay is in the turbos, but getting upset about it won't help. I am sure they are working on getting those cars built just as soon as they can - they don't want to delay production any more than YOU want it delayed. A lost sale is a lost sale.

The truth of the matter is that stuff happens. All the time. And in the old days, they'd keep shipping sh||t out the door, and eventually fix the problem.

Now, if you delay a hi-demand vehicle like this, it does two things:

1) it shows that GM and Saturn are SERIOUS about quality nowadays, and
2) delaying the production of something until it is fixed is a HECK of an incentive to get it fixed right, the first time, and right quick too.

so, think about the 'other' side before you start demanding answers... but also know that it is important to post this request for information - Saturn and GM people lurk the site all the time. this helps reinforce that they have to maintain a relationship with you customers, and timely information for those in the agony of waiting is important.

Just might think that you catch more flies with a teaspoon of honey than a bucket of gall... :thumbs:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Here here. Well said. You just keep doing it the way you been doing it Sky Spy, Spag, deluke and others.

I for one appreciate the info you can divulge.

Can't say it it doesn't make for good drama however.
I agree. Every thursday morning I can't wait to get a chance to log onto the website to see what Sky Spy has to offer. And Deluke is always giving a helping hand when we really need it. You guys really can't be thanked enough for offering your time as though you owe it to us.....thansk again!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
And dude, you have NO IDEA what a delay really is.

Talk to mceb over on solsticeforum. Ordered his first 1000 Solstice in APRIL 05. Received it...

...in November!!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
KAPPAMAN...:cool: YOU ROCK..... SkyBaby

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Kappaman.....thanks!!!!

its was just that everyday I would read this site and everyone was asking when are they going to get their car. I then thought to myself, are people forgetting a few weeks ago that production was delayed, problems, water, etc.........so are cars sent "wrong".......newer shipped cars "less wrong".it seemed that no one was dealing with that issue and I could not understand why everyone was so "happy".

..and your right I am hoping "THEY" are reading this....because some of us are mad and we are not going to take it anymore....unless they are giving them out for free.

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
by the way......

Not concerned about the delay.

I already own a redline............just wondering if its going to be recalled thats all. If its a minor problem, why such a long delay..my dealer said it was not a production problem....they are "working on it" makes me an owner feel real good...then what the h#ll did I pay for????????..he knows about as much as the people on this site.........

Then spend over $30,000 and let the water suck into your engine/gas line like some say..exhaust black soot...then smile while you make those monthy ins and car payments.

Disagree with you..if anyone knows anything......TELL US!!!!.or keep it to yourself......creating stress/fear with no basis is wrong. Thats like telling a person they have cancer. Then saying, excuse me I have a 3:30 appt.

Get real !!!!!!!!!!!..unless you want to make my car payments!!!!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Not concerned about the delay.

I already own a redline............just wondering if its going to be recalled thats all. If its a minor problem, why such a long delay..my dealer said it was not a production problem....they are "working on it" makes me an owner feel real good...then what the h#ll did I pay for????????..he knows about as much as the people on this site.........

Then spend over $30,000 and let the water suck into your engine/gas line like some say...then smile while you make those monthy ins and car payments.

Disagree with you..if anyone knows anything......TELL US!!!!.or keep it to yourself......creating stress/fear with no basis is wrong. Thats like telling a person they have cancer. Then saying, excuse me I have a 3:30 appt.

Get real !!!!!!!!!!!..unless you want to make my car payments!!!!
And that is exactly why saturn doesn't want 50 different unofficial information leaks.

From what I understand, the issue is not drastic - it has been seen on turbos before in the past. It isn't like hydrolocking or anything like that... but these little incorrect leaks of information become the telephone game. Suddenly the word 'recall' is uttered... and it begins to become an "I heard, no I heard" game. The end of days is nigh, and people plunking $30,000 on a turbo will have some grave issue befall them....

:chill:

In your anaolgy I quoted - it isn't like they told you that you have cancer and then left...

...more like they took some x-rays, walked away to develop the xrays, and says "I'll be back in a few". Then a few minutes later, an orderly comes the other way, and pops his head into your exam room and says "I think I heard the doctor mention something about cancer - did he just take xrays of you?!?!?"

Come to find out all that happened, when the doc finally comes back, is you sprained your wrist, take an asprin and wrap it with an ace bandage...

People LOVE to extrapolate...

·
Registered
171 Posts
I agree. Every thursday morning I can't wait to get a chance to log onto the website to see what Sky Spy has to offer. And Deluke is always giving a helping hand when we really need it. You guys really can't be thanked enough for offering your time as though you owe it to us.....thansk again!:thumbs:
I'm with Nemesis on this one. Can any of us imagine how absolute the darkness (void of info) would be without these folks giving us as much information as they felt comfortable to share. All of the information from Spy Sky, Deluke, and many others has been invaluable and, personally, I know for a fact that this forum has already saved me a lot of time, money, and, yes, probably my hide by giving hints on what to watch out for to safely drive this car. I do appreciate them and hope that everyone can do the same.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Running Rich

as an owner of the redline, if my exhaust is all black soot at the rear tail piece, then how much of the carbon build up will be in my internal engine from too rich of a fuel mixture.

If my car has been running a lot with this problem, then how will this build up be removed if they do find this as a problem?

As a "new" redline owner, will this have a ill effect on my engine in the long run ?.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
again

I am not talking about information in the past....its telling owners that there are problems with, water, etc.....then telling us constraint reports, and nothing else.

Because of the "insider big secrets"............nothing should have been said...period..fear is not the way to go.....sorry disagree with you on that.

Unless, like I said, you want to make my payments.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
by the way

You tell me if your sister brought a redline and you knew "insider information"
that you would not tell her?..........well, pretend I am your sister.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.