Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It amazes me to see how many people have joined this forum. I have been watching the number of members go up since I joined a few months ago. As I mentioned, I've never been involved with forums before this, and I've never been on any other forum (not even the Solstice one).

I wanted to let Delnari and Brentil know how proud I am of being such a big part of this forum and bringing their genuine knowledge to the table.

Excluding the few, if that many "trolls" (I just learned that word and definition), we have a great group of folks. We really do. From coast to coast and across the seas, we have shared personal stories about ourselves and for the lack of a better word, become like a family.

Regardless of who actually gets the SKY, if they get a SKY, when WE get our SKYs and why we get our SKYs, I am happy to be sharing this experience with you all. I hate to seem so sappy, but it's true. There is a lot of prejudice and hate in this world that may never be cured or "fixed" but if it wasn't for forums like this, we see through all of that BS and just share. And it means a lot to me and makes me look forward to getting my new car and grateful for the memories of what I've read and wrote with you all. :)

Thank you again for allowing me to join your forum. I wish you all the SKYs a.s.a.p. and thank you all for your support and patience for what we really, really want. Cuz we're going to look great in those cars, and feel even better.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I lurked for a while, until I lost my Sol order ... so I too appreciate this forum. It has allowed me to get a better feel for the Sky and the photos have helped sway my opinion. :cheers: I just cannot wait to see a Sunburst Yellow, or a Bluestone ... or ANY Sky in person. :cheers:

Take Care.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Angelqute1, you'll find that eventually the forums become more about the people, than the vehicle. I was very active on an Avalanche site when I owned one, and still participate in some of their meets. I've made friends there, so one's vehicle becomes secondary.

I was pleasantly surprised to find this site on a Google. Thanks to the "powers that be".....(Now, I can't wait for my "promotion" so I can post an avatar!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lost Sol said:
I lurked for a while, until I lost my Sol order ... so I too appreciate this forum. It has allowed me to get a better feel for the Sky and the photos have helped sway my opinion. :cheers: I just cannot wait to see a Sunburst Yellow, or a Bluestone ... or ANY Sky in person. :cheers:

Take Care.
Off topic: Saw my first Solstice last Friday. Vin #521... It was "Mysterious" in color.... IT certainly ramped up my excitement level, for sure...

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Ghost said:
Angelqute1, you'll find that eventually the forums become more about the people, than the vehicle. I was very active on an Avalanche site when I owned one, and still participate in some of their meets. I've made friends there, so one's vehicle becomes secondary.

I was pleasantly surprised to find this site on a Google. Thanks to the "powers that be".....(Now, I can't wait for my "promotion" so I can post an avatar!
I hope not but Saturn doesn't seem to be leaving us a lot else to talk about.

·
Registered
411 Posts
rick112 said:

Hey, well you know and I know that when there's a few secrets or surprises that still remain,.. it's an awesome feeling finding those out once you get yur All New Sky. <-If it's a good surprise :D
It's really nice to find something new about a car, but to find that the car has something more than expected is always a treat. (<--not a tipical word i use)

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
rick112 said:
Not sure exactly what you mean. We pretty much know everything there is to know about this car. They've got cars going around the USA now, and the auto show season is starting up again in Oct/Nov. The car will be produced when it's ready, and GM will let people know when that time gets close and they have an actual date to give. There is absolutely no point for GM to give any types of solid dates now besides to give people fuel to burn them with later if it changes for whatever reason that people just don't seem to care about or understand.

As mentioned forums like these are really about the 'experience.' Which yes encompasses the car and the people, but without one the other fails. The forums will eventually fill with technical data, performance parts. However the stories we share about this car and our 'experiences' are what create the passion for the car. If people don't have passion for this car it will fail. A Roadster is the type of car that exists because owners have a passion for them and the Roadster experience. You can't just like this car to be a real owner, you have to love this car to be a real Roadster owner.

·
Registered
17 Posts
brentil said:
...As mentioned forums like these are really about the 'experience.' Which yes encompasses the car and the people, but without one the other fails. The forums will eventually fill with technical data, performance parts. However the stories we share about this car and our 'experiences' are what create the passion for the car. If people don't have passion for this car it will fail. A Roadster is the type of car that exists because owners have a passion for them and the Roadster experience. You can't just like this car to be a real owner, you have to love this car to be a real Roadster owner.
Well said.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Being on the Saturn end of things, I am amazed, overwhelmed, and just plain proud to be able to offer the SKY. I told Delnari one day, that Saturn has never experienced anything like this! It is down right exciting! It's also a bit like waiting for the Great Pumpkin. Like Linus says, "always say WHEN the Great Pumpkin arrives, not IF! If you say IF, he will pass by even the most sincere of pumpkin patches. You have to believe!" Or words to that effect, LOL. I have taken two more deposits in a day's time, got a call about putting a Mallett conversion in a SKY, and I am rapidly going through the 400 SKY posters I ordered. All this for a SATURN!!! I love it! Keep the faith guys! It is worth it!
Cheers,
Jill
P.S. I think you all should plan a get together, say about November 13th? Here in Cary, NC? LOL, that would be kinda fun!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
P.S. I think you all should plan a get together, say about November 13th? Here in Cary, NC? LOL, that would be kinda fun!
Sounds like a good Idea, I am in depending on how my wife is doing at the time...
Hey do you have any Idea what the optional rear deck spoiler looks like?
I saw it on the option sheet.
I gave my list of options to my sales manager and he put it in my personal folder.
Chili Pepper Red, Am Fm Mp3 Cd With Monsoon sound system, Premium package with tan leather seats
PS what kind of posters do you have? all I got was a little fold out...
I want one of a Chili Pepper Red Sky

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
brentil said:
Not sure exactly what you mean. We pretty much know everything there is to know about this car.
I have yet to see the car with the roof on. Saturn never let us know when and where the cars are going to be. They arrive and they are gone. Perhaps since we have a forum here they could participate a little.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Their I was , crusing down the streets in my 1975 Spitfire. Thinking that my next roadster will be a little bit easier on my back at 75 mph. And then it hit me, the Sky has got to be better than my 30 year old car. But still nothing compares to your first roadster cruising down the road with the music playing and a beer in the hand.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Skip said:
Their I was , crusing down the streets in my 1975 Spitfire. Thinking that my next roadster will be a little bit easier on my back at 75 mph. And then it hit me, the Sky has got to be better than my 30 year old car. But still nothing compares to your first roadster cruising down the road with the music playing and a beer in the hand.
uh please don't tell me you drink and drive... shame on you. :eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
classic66vair said:
uh please don't tell me you drink and drive... shame on you. :eek:
He didn't say he was drinking the beer, just that he was holding the beer. :D

Still tho, its a fine line.... :cheers:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Ghost said:
He didn't say he was drinking the beer, just that he was holding the beer. :D

Still tho, its a fine line.... :cheers:
thats right officer I wasn't drinking any I was just holding it..... :cheers:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
classic66vair said:
thats right officer I wasn't drinking any I was just holding it..... :cheers:
Dibs on any of the spare parts from your Sky after the wreck! :lol:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
rick112 said:
Dibs on any of the spare parts from your Sky after the wreck! :lol:
If your talking about mine, I am sorry to inform you that I do not drink. My post is in reply to another post...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
Being on the Saturn end of things, I am amazed, overwhelmed, and just plain proud to be able to offer the SKY. I told Delnari one day, that Saturn has never experienced anything like this! It is down right exciting! It's also a bit like waiting for the Great Pumpkin. Like Linus says, "always say WHEN the Great Pumpkin arrives, not IF! If you say IF, he will pass by even the most sincere of pumpkin patches. You have to believe!" Or words to that effect, LOL. I have taken two more deposits in a day's time, got a call about putting a Mallett conversion in a SKY, and I am rapidly going through the 400 SKY posters I ordered. All this for a SATURN!!! I love it! Keep the faith guys! It is worth it!
Cheers,
Jill
I am curious to know what type of poster it is, as well........and how can I get one............on another note......Angelqute........that was well put............you all are great and hopefully one day, our "SKY's" shall meet. 'Til then........."happy Trails to You...................................:cheers:

·
Registered
328 Posts
sky_line said:
I am curious to know what type of poster it is, as well........and how can I get one............on another note......Angelqute........that was well put............you all are great and hopefully one day, our "SKY's" shall meet. 'Til then........."happy Trails to You...................................:cheers:
A dealer from Montgomery, AL sent me 2 posters on the Sky and the Scatch and Sniff Ad. :cheers: They also sent me information on the Aura, which looks pretty nice! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts