Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2007 Base Roadster, "Stock" for the most part, but with lots of interior illumination changes
2,433 Posts
Not yet 16 years old, I took Driver's Ed in 1974 in the Chicago public school summer program at Processer High School. After some time in a mobile trailer driving on simulators, all us students drove Opel-GTs in the parking lot between orange cones, and later on the city streets. So I can say that a 70's Opel-GT was the car I learned to drive with.

· Registered
2008 Redline
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My college friend bought a red / white interior stick gt new and asked me to drive to Florida for summer break. Didn’t make it but always remembered my time in that car especially when I bought mine and drove it to Florida when I moved there. But must say my redline now is my baby.

· Registered
2008 Redline
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don’t know, i bought the car with these caliper covers on them which I always disliked but since I am starting to accept them for now, although I usually spray the calipers. Probably do that the next brake pad change.

· Registered
47 Posts
I had a 1973 Opel GT from 1976 to 1986. I loved that car but it had 170,000 on it and I had my 3rd kid so the car had to go. I have a 1973 TVR 2500m sitting in the garage. It needs a lot of work as it has been sitting for 15 years. Maybe some time before I die I might have time and money to get it on the road. Until then we drive our 2009 Sky Redline SE with 18,000 miles.

· Registered
3,073 Posts
The 2500 M has the good updated chassis and better handling than the TR6 that the engine came from had.

I raced a 1963 TVR Grantura Mk 3 for some years.

· Registered
2007 Base Roadster, "Stock" for the most part, but with lots of interior illumination changes
2,433 Posts
Don’t know, I bought the car with these caliper covers on them which I always disliked but since I am starting to accept them for now, although I usually spray the calipers. Probably do that the next brake pad change.
Selling my mother's Tracker, I removed the calipers and brackets (and drums), sealed all openings, sandblasted them, then painted them gray to blend in nicely rather than have them stand out. I plan to do the same with my Sky as part of its next brake job. I prefer the natural look, just my taste.

This job included restoring the wheels. Mom's Tracker had only 20,000 miles on it, but looked like 200,000. It was a classic example of what Chicago winters do to a vehicle parked on the street from lots of salt on a school bus route.

Before
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Locking hubs

Parts Sandblasted
Automotive tire Gas Wood Auto part Machine

Painted
Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle brake Locking hubs Motor vehicle

Completed
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

WipeNew on the plastic also helped make it show well.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Here was a Solstice I did as well.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Alloy wheel Automotive design

I like the subtle look. Red calipers would look great if the car was also red. Just my taste.
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts